Earliest TV shows/specials you remember watching

Another Fan

The inner child in me will still watch the Math special I initially posted from time to time.  Plus I still like to shop in markets that look like that old fashioned food store where some people still count change to pay.  I guess stuff like that doesn’t necessarily leave you when you can recall it ?

Earliest memories are kid’s shows in the 60s; Rocketship 7, Batman, Adventures of Superman, Flash Gordon, first Marvel cartoons of Spider-man, Fantastic Four, and Marvel Super Heroes.

Also remember seeing the national news with the Vietnam War shown daily. Just thought war was a normal thing as I played with my GI Joes.

17 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Have you seen the South Park version of Wacky Races?

:lol:

All of this talk is reminding me of how Hanna-Barbera stuff was all over the tv when I was growing up.  Scrolling through their wikipedia page, my god, I forgot how much stuff they had.  Wacky Races was before my time, but they had a similar themed one that I remember seeing all the time, the Laff-A-Lympics (thank you google).  It's funny to look back and see how few episodes ever ran for so many of these shows I watched.  Today I can't sit through something a second time but as a kid, I must have seen some of these well over 20 times.

On 8/5/2018 at 5:09 AM, Nervous Guy said:

Who can name this cartoon?  Used to be one of my favorites...only lasted one season, but I loved it.  I saw there were remakes decades later, the original was in 1964.

image.png

Easy! The adventures of Mike Pence and Baron Trump.

On 7/30/2018 at 9:00 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Watching network reruns of 'I Love Lucy' on CBS morning television (ch. 4) before heading off to afternoon kindergarten in Buffalo., circa 62-63.  I wasn't too keen on school, but my mother soon clued into the fact hiding between the sofa back and living room wall was my 'go to' spot.

Growing up, I never understood why I Love Lucy was considered such a classic. I thought it was okay, but it was just like every other sitcom. Until I started learning more about TV history and realized it was the other way around. That Lucy seemed like all the other sitcoms, because they were influenced (or sometimes straight rip offs) of Lucy plots and jokes. 

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe