Life gets tougher every day (Episode #126)

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Good thing she had the chest protector!

Don't/can't baseball players (especially Little Leaguers) die getting hit in chest with a ball... I know it was puck though.

I know I’ll be sorry I asked this, but anyhoo...How many little leaguers do you know who have had breast implants?

I see she is a big hockey fan, as she has made it clear in the story this was first ever encounter with a hockey puck.  

:lol:

Assuming her implant was ripped open and crap was floating around inside her chest, that is a fairly serious situation...I think.

That happened to a woman on "Naked and Afraid" who had breast implants and she has to leave the show immediately and have surgery.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Don't/can't baseball players (especially Little Leaguers) die getting hit in chest with a ball... I know it was puck though.

They do sell heart protectors and I’m sure it’s possible but it’s probably way more likely to get killed by a line drive to the face

I took a liner to the chest once and I guess I have pecs of steel because it didn’t effect me to the shock of the coach

19 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Commito cordis.  A sufficiently hard blow to the right spot on the chest inside a 10 millisecond window of a particular time in the heart rhythm can cause cardiac arrest.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Commito cordis.  A sufficiently hard blow to the right spot on the chest inside a 10 millisecond window of a particular time in the heart rhythm can cause cardiac arrest.

That's what I was looking for if you aren't shiiiting me... Which you would never do...  ???

Thanx...

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It happened to a soccer (or futbol) player years ago.  Another player was trying to head the ball and when he jumped, his head hit the players chest and not the ball.

The guy collapsed and I don't remember if he survived.  

33 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's what I was looking for if you aren't shiiiting me... Which you would never do...  ???

Thanx...

Nope.  Had to google the name, but I remembered the injury.  

No one's quite sure what causes it.  I thought I'd read years ago that it was disruption of the vagus nerve, but apparently that's fallen out of favour as an explanation.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Nope.  Had to google the name, but I remembered the injury.  

No one's quite sure what causes it.  I thought I'd read years ago that it was disruption of the vagus nerve, but apparently that's fallen out of favour as an explanation.

LoL... I was trying to Google it... But was stuck on something like: "micardia infraction"... Don't know why that crazy name or something was stuck in my head.  Then I saw a shiny object and got distracted and finished my post.

I even threw in a little boolean logic too. Tried combos with +baseball, +heart, +death, +Little Leaguers, etc... But know, logic doesn't come easy... The FBI should be knocking on my door soon.

Don't have to reveal your savant ability... But how the eff did you find that?... I thought I was in ballpark with "micardia." Is that even a word... LoL

Okay, I am an idiot... But trying not to be.

Anyway... Good thing she had padding!

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

LoL... I was trying to Google it... But was stuck on something like: "micardia infraction"... Don't know why that crazy name or something was stuck in my head.  Then I saw a shiny object and got distracted and finished my post.

I even threw in a little boolean logic too. Tried combos with +baseball, +heart, +death, +Little Leaguers, etc... But know, logic doesn't come easy... The FBI should be knocking on my door soon.

Don't have to reveal your savant ability... But how the eff did you find that?... I thought I was in ballpark with "micardia." Is that even a word... LoL

Okay, I am an idiot... But trying not to be.

"Myocardia." Plural of "myocardium," which is a fancy word for "heart muscle."

I found it by typing in "baseball heart death little league," and it was the fourth link down.  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"Myocardia." Plural of "myocardium," which is a fancy word for "heart muscle."

I found it by typing in "baseball heart death little league," and it was the fourth link down.  :lol:

LoL... I am such an idiot.  Powerful tool in the hands of idiots... But I was close, smelling what was grilling! 

Google was giving me nothing with "micardia." I am gonna file a complaint!  They claim to be idiot proof. They should have given me: "You're an idiot, not telling you how to spell myocardia."