Chris ivory signed with Bills because he saw a playoff-caliber team

Good story 

Ivory knew that at this stage of his career he wasn’t going anywhere to be the lead back, and that was fine with him. “Most of my career I’ve been sharing time, that’s nothing new to me,” he said. “There have been times when I’ve had the lead role, but for me, it’s just about coming in and being productive. As long as I can be productive, I think we’ll be good.”

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Of course he is pandering, what was Ivory supposed to say?

Well he could say "I listen to BillsFan17" who thinks we suck - is it a coincidence that 17, number of years in playoff missed, is in his name?  You would guess it is short  for "Fan of Bills missing playoffs for 17 years" but I guess that is just because how he talks.

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Well he could say "I listen to BillsFan17" who thinks we suck - is it a coincidence that 17, number of years in playoff missed, is in his name?  You would guess it is short  for "Fan of Bills missing playoffs for 17 years" but I guess that is just because how he talks.

And I said we suck when and where?

Moreover I've been a member of this board since 2011. So the name and number have zero to do with the playoff drought.

Edited by BillsFan17

9 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Yeah it's, it's not like we were in the playoffs last year or anything.

Lmao, yeah one time in 17 years and now we are perennial contenders?!? Gtfo

I think this team is obviously trending up, but to assume we are a playoff team with still big question marks around the QB, WR, and O-Line along with the pass rush and having a fairly inexperienced LB core... but yeah playoffs here we come.

Be realistic.

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you remember the 5 yard slant to Mike Tolbert on 3rd and 12?  I believe it was against NE.

Ill spoil it for you...we didn’t pick up the first.

Really surprised that didn’t work. 

Defense looks to have gotten even better (on paper)

Offense did almost nothing anyway except "not turn it over"

Coaching seems solid and it sounds like our OC likes to try to play offense

I see no reason why the team can't be right in the wild card mix again. If they switch from last year's offensive philosophy of "hand off to set up a good punt" they might lose a few games that the defense won them, but then again, they might win a few where the defense needed some help.

4 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Lmao, yeah one time in 17 years and now we are perennial contenders?!? Gtfo 

I think this team is obviously trending up, but to assume we are a playoff team with still big question marks around the QB, WR, and O-Line along with the pass rush and having a fairly inexperienced LB core... but yeah playoffs here we come.

Be realistic.

Show me where I or Chris used the word "perennial".  We DID make the playoffs last year though you and many don't want to admit it.  Part of making the playoffs is knowing HOW to win.  Our team last year showed they have finally learned that.  Bucs and Colts games showed this. Past teams would have lost those and we'd be sitting on 18.  Chris probably saw this which you evidently missed.

Be realistic.