NFLN live from Bills camp

On now 

Mariucci criticizing that they don’t have a real vet and there aren’t enough reps to go around for 3 unseasoned guys

james Jones said AJ doesn’t turn the ball over so will start 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

On now 

Mariucci criticizing that they don’t have a real vet and there aren’t enough reps to go around for 3 unseasoned guys

Think of how few theyd get if there was a "real vet" around, hogging all the first team reps. I like that we have 3 hungry guys with something to prove.

• Like (+1) 2

I happened to watch the segment.  I didn't think it was necessarily uncomplimentary.  I think it was Mariucci who said he thought McDermott was doing a great job.  Regarding the QB position, Mariucci was merely making the point that it's tougher when you have training camp without a clear starter because you have to figure out how to distribute the limited number of reps (in team drills).  When you have three competing, it's even tougher.  I can't disagree with that.  However, if you havent had a true long term starter (Tyrod was a stopgap) in a couple decades, and you can't luck out and get one in free agency, you've got to do something to try and identify a quality starter and then develop him.  There's no place outside of training camp to do that.

• Like (+1) 4

24 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Yeah, if the national media wants to stop talking about he Bills like they have clue that’d be great. 

It would be GREAT if we could get some of the members at TBD  to "stop talking about he Bills like they have clue".

BUT wishes don't always come true... ?

36 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Think of how few theyd get if there was a "real vet" around, hogging all the first team reps. I like that we have 3 hungry guys with something to prove.

....AND....when the hell is the last time we've had THREE viable QB's doing just that?.........heaven forbid if two out of the three yield us the next Kelly/Reich combo, right??.......

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

On now 

I remember when Matt Cassel was gonna start in 2015 too. National media is for the masses, true bills fans know McCarron isn't the instant starter 

53 minutes ago, cd1 said:

It would be GREAT if we could get some of the members at TBD  to "stop talking about he Bills like they have clue".

BUT wishes don't always come true... ?

Its expected to hear negativity on our QB position... look what's back there right now. Only time & success will shed these views

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The other way (proven starter) is much better. But we HAVE to Like it, cuz it’s what we are.

11 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I want to believe in Allen but I just have to see how things play out before I get excited.  

Funny his super supporters are downplaying 2 INT today. 

(it was 2 so far right? Or did I hear wrong) 

one was a jumpball to KB so you cant be too mad at that, KB got hands on it twice...its the first day of pads and hes a rookie he showed some promise 

14 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dont they all show promise at the beginning of camp? 

I thought with EJ it was more negative with a play or two within the practices that kept hope alive. It’s seems as according today’s takes state that it was way more positive and Allen looked the best out of the three and it wasn’t close. 

Edited by Captain Murica