Interactive map from 2016 election

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

As in the Sea Hag who was Popeye’s enemy?

How can we be so wrong compared to the well trumpeted opinion of people who know they are the most brilliant ever?

Hillary's supporters were most likely higher educated than Trump's supporters. That's nothing against Trump supporters but an obvious slam against our educational system.

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Hillary's supporters were most likely higher educated than Trump's supporters. That's nothing against Trump supporters but an obvious slam against our educational system.

The rich are always applauding their liberal views, shows how godly they think they  are

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The rich are always applauding their liberal views, shows how godly they think they  are

It's the whole "people can't make good decisions for themselves, so we have to make decisions for them" thing.  Nothing demonstrates that better than all the voters who showed bad judgement in voting for Trump.  It's why democracy has never worked, and will never work.

42 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

My district went Hillary which is a surprise as we are a red area, but we have a lot up uppity women which probably went heavily for her. 

Pun intended?

9 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I was surprised at how stark it was.  The Democrats have become an urban party while the Republicans have become a rural one.  I'd love to see a population density map overlaid on that - the correlation between Clinton popularity and population density is probably greater than 0.8, which would be amazingly high.

Minneapolis/St. Paul was the best example I saw of concentric rings going from from virtually all Hillary in the urban center and progressively moving toward Trump the further away you go.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/28/2018 at 11:55 PM, KD in CA said:

Minneapolis/St. Paul was the best example I saw of concentric rings going from from virtually all Hillary in the urban center and progressively moving toward Trump the further away you go.

Kind of like my hometown of Erie, PA.  There's a concentration of blue in Erie county with 2 outlier suburban precincts (not the best neighborhoods btw) and two more to the south in Edinboro (a college town).  But the rest of Erie county is red.  Panning out the rest of Western PA looks the same as does Eastern OH and Western NY

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Kind of like my hometown of Erie, PA.  There's a concentration of blue in Erie county with 2 outlier suburban precincts (not the best neighborhoods btw) and two more to the south in Edinboro (a college town).  But the rest of Erie county is red.  Panning out the rest of Western PA looks the same as does Eastern OH and Western NY

I think that what you would find is that the light blue precincts were a lot closer races than in the past, while the city itself went heavily for Clinton, the suburbs let her down and the rest of the county just smoked her. I've mentioned before that it just so happened that I was in Erie County (PA) the day after the election and traveled through areas as divergent as Wolf Road, Fairview, South County and East County. The suburbs were inundated with Trump signs while the only Clinton sign I saw was for putting her in jail. Her diehards stuck with her in the inner city but her votes never approached Obama's votes in SW, SE and West Erie.