Interactive map from 2016 election

If you have time to kill this weekend, here is an interactive map to see the results by precinct across the US:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/upshot/election-2016-voting-precinct-maps.html

You can zoom in down to street level to see how you and your neighbors voted.

It's fun to zoom close to the cities to see dark blue and dark red right across the street from each other.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Trump won my precinct by 24 votes.  None of which were mine, I felt the Johnson

So, you were behind the Johnson? Wasn't that hard? I mean knowing that your vote was meaningless?

Just now, Nanker said:

Be sure to keep in touch with yourself. 

He's not a feely-feely type or he'd be a liberal.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, you were behind the Johnson? Wasn't that hard? I mean knowing that your vote was meaningless?

You can do better on the puns.  Definitely not your best work

And whether I voted for Johnson, Trump, or Clinton would have made no impact on who won Virginia

2 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

If you have time to kill this weekend, here is an interactive map to see the results by precinct across the US:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/upshot/election-2016-voting-precinct-maps.html

You can zoom in down to street level to see how you and your neighbors voted.

It's fun to zoom close to the cities to see dark blue and dark red right across the street from each other.

That's...a pretty scary map.  At that granularity, the difference between urban and rural is sharply defined.  The largest city I can find that Trump carried was Bismarck, North Dakota.  

That's an extreme level of tribalism shown there.

Fascinating map. I was shocked to see my precinct went for Trump. 

My area was PLASTERED with Obama signs in 2008 - I swear 4/5 houses had them. In 2012, nada. In 2016, there were a few Trump signs, absolutely no Hillary signs (the nearest one was several miles away).  I guess I shouldn't be too shocked. I live in an area of highly educated people, and apparently, they can be taught.... and become the "silent majority".

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Fascinating map. I was shocked to see my precinct went for Trump. 

My area was PLASTERED with Obama signs in 2008 - I swear 4/5 houses had them. In 2012, nada. In 2016, there were a few Trump signs, absolutely no Hillary signs (the nearest one was several miles away).  I guess I shouldn't be too shocked. I live in an area of highly educated people, and apparently, they can be taught.... and become the "silent majority".

I wish they had a similar map of 2012 including turnout differences.  Mine went for Trump 52 to 43%.  I'm willing to guess the previous two presidential elections went to Obama.

43560 zip is interesting

The spats of blue is all old money neighborhoods; the oldest and highest income neighborhoods.

The rest are younger high income.

Glad that evil witch lost. More and more errday

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ALF said:

Amazing detail , was surprised how red the US was considering how the popular vote went.

I was surprised at how stark it was.  The Democrats have become an urban party while the Republicans have become a rural one.  I'd love to see a population density map overlaid on that - the correlation between Clinton popularity and population density is probably greater than 0.8, which would be amazingly high.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I was surprised at how stark it was.  The Democrats have become an urban party while the Republicans have become a rural one.  I'd love to see a population density map overlaid on that - the correlation between Clinton popularity and population density is probably greater than 0.8, which would be amazingly high.

God Bless the Electoral College. Now if we could only have an electoral vote system on the state level for gubernatorial elections...

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

100% of the deplorable counties went for Trump. The diverse counties went for the hag.

As in the Sea Hag who was Popeye’s enemy?

How can we be so wrong compared to the well trumpeted opinion of people who know they are the most brilliant ever?