New York to kick Spectrum cable out of state

ALF

Good to know!

They suck.  I was dealing w/them for my inlaws... Never saw such a hot mess in my life and I work for the Fed, Department of Army.

Spectrum is THAT bad.  I normally don't say it, but what an ordeal.  Then, go to their location in S.Cheektowaga... It was like attack of the old people, the infirm.  I felt like organizing them: "People! You simply don't need TV... Put down the cable box... Cut the cord, Revolt!"  But I took a # and waited in line. My inlaws, wife would take me out to the back of the pasture if I didn't come back with access to CNN & MSNBC!

I felt like pulling this Guy's Houdini act, but I wisened up.  Already got a small head:

• 1 month later...

State grants extension for Spectrum to come up with exit plan

At the time, Charter had until October 9 to come up with a transition plan to move services to a new provider. It now has a 60-day extension from that date. It also gets a 30-day extension for submitting paperwork related to new hearings on the decision to remove Charter Spectrum.

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/local-news/state-grants-extension-for-spectrum-s-removal/1436886834

20 minutes ago, ALF said:

State grants extension for Spectrum to come up with exit plan

The meeting probably went a little something like:

2ht2t3.jpg

And a more accurate headline would look something like:

21 minutes ago, ALF said:

State grants extension for Spectrum to come up with campaign contributions

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/27/2018 at 9:47 PM, Marv's Neighbor said:

A simple campaign contribution to a certain Governor, may solve all of this!

More important to Andy is the Puerto Rican vote; so if one can exchange a monetary contribution for a guarantee of X number of Puerto Rican votes, Andy will waltz into the governor's mansion.  Oh wait, he doesn't even live there.  Well, at least the state's coffers will breathe a sign of relief when he stops his trips to PR to lobby for votes by criticizing Trump's response to the hurricane damage.

• 3 months later...

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2018/12/18/charter-spectrum-agrees-record-fine-huge-refunds-new-york-customers-cable-time-warner-internet/2346976002/

they came amp to a settlement. Spectrum will pay out $174 million in vines and pay $62M to NY customers and provide free premium channels for a period of time. 

It says some 700,000 customers will get between $75-$150 refunds. 

I fought these ******* tooth and nail on not providing the Internet speeds they claimed. 

For 3 years I had been paying for their “upgraded” internet speed (which, at the time was only 25mbps). It never seemed as fast as it should but I never really gave it much thought. 

Eventually I picked up a streaming device and bought an xbox and was having all sorts of trouble getting movies to stream and games to download (in less than 2 days...). 

So I started looking in to my internet speeds and found out that I was only getting, on average, about 2-5mbps. 

Well,  one to find out that the cable modem time warner provided me was only capable of providing up to 15mbps internet speed, but because of its age was providing much less than that. Mind you, a Time Warner Cable tech told me this directly! 

So I have this tech transfer me to a customer service rep, who goes on to give me this list of reasons why it’s not their fault and tried to tell me that the cable modem isn’t the issue (after a tech tells me it is, swaps it out and suddenly I am getting proper internet speeds). She tells me it isn’t the modem. Then when I prove it is, moves onto thr next thing on their list of reasons why it isn’t their fault and so on and so on. Finally, she tells me that Time Warner only started offering this upgraded speed a year ago, so I could have been paying for it for 3 years (even though it’s clear as day on my bill...). 

It took me about 4 hours on the phone and about 5 different Time Warner reps until I finally got to a supervisor. 

He told me that he would look into when Time Warner started offering their upgraded internet speed and if they had indeed been offering it for 3+years as a claim, he will have no problem giving me a refund for the past 3 years of service I paid for and didn’t recieve. 

Days go go by and no call. So I called him and he says “oh, I could find anything. Sorry”.

So I say “hey, no problem. I looked into it myself and here are a few links to old articles from 2012 announcing the upgraded speed offered by Tim Warner”.

I got my refund after that... lol. 

Edited by BillsFan4

On 12/18/2018 at 1:33 PM, ALF said:

My Spectrum bill went up last month. They have started to recover that judgement already.

That's what people are going to not understand. The company isn't taking a long-term loss with this settlement.

• Like (+1) 1