Chargers CB Jason Verrett suffers season-ending injury

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...uncanny how ACL's are more frequent than the common cold....what's up with that?.......

I was wrong anyway turned out to be an achillles

On 7/27/2018 at 3:28 PM, dollars 2 donuts said:

F that.  Damn, I hate training camp because of this crap.

Seriously, I don't wish it on anybody.

Well i wont lose any sleep if it was Brady or gronk, both those guys need to retire before the do more damage to their body, i the long run be good for both,,Through in Big Ben while you are at it

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...uncanny how ACL's are more frequent than the common cold....what's up with that?.......

Simply, a strong athlete is a tight athlete. That’s even more true for guys playing explosive (very quick stop and start) athletes. Then make those strong athletes like 240lbs or more. The tendons and ligaments have difficulty holding up with that much mass, momentum, and sports.

Throw in a little juicing and it gets worse. Bodies are bigger and stronger than they are built for. Steroids don’t do much of anything for tendon and ligament use. At least the type of steroids these dudes are using to play in the NFL

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gragg begging alynn for a job 

Feel a bit sorry for Gragg... was going Ok in Preseason a couple of years back before he blew out his knee...

Hasn't really had a sniff anywhere since...must be frustrating when you are in your prime..

On 7/27/2018 at 2:10 PM, RyanC883 said:

is there any team more injury cursed than the Chargers???

Rivers prob wins a SB or 2 by now if not for the continual injury parade over there.  

Rivers should come play for the Bills so he can win a SB.   

Terrible injury for Verrett and the Chargers.  

Come on.  Rivers injury at playoff time is massive airway extrinsic compression.

2 SBs...ha! That’s precious.