Parents had some houseguests

Ice bowl 67

My brother would tell me he was showing up at a certain time and then show up a day or two early, before I had cleaned up completely and then be an azz about it. So once he told me he was coming on the like a Monday, but then sent me an email on the Thursday before saying he was leaving right now, bye, see you in a few hours. I was literally painting at the time to fix a room up and just happened to check the email and I just blew up. I called and started screaming at him and he turned around and went home and hasn't visited too much since. Oh well...

Their reason is were vacationing in the area and we figured you would let us stay. They never thought to ask lol.

My folks said what if our house is a mess, what if we don't have food for them. Supposedly they are leaving tommorow morning as my folks said we have plans for the weekend.

19 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Their reason is were vacationing in the area and we figured you would let us stay. They never thought to ask lol.

My folks said what if our house is a mess, what if we don't have food for them. Supposedly they are leaving tommorow morning as my folks said we have plans for the weekend.

always fun to have the neurotics who worry 24/7 about the house being a mess, even when freeloaders show up  :D

Why did they come?  Is there a theme park nearby?   Is there a beach they like to go to?  This doesn't seem in any kind of way normal. 

EDIT:  Ok I read the reasoning but still?  they were vacationing in the area?  So they planned a vacation around your family putting them up for free room and board?   With zero notice?    That's ballsy.  

Edited by Soda Popinski

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Why did they come?  Is there a theme park nearby?   Is there a beach they like to go to?  This doesn't seem in any kind of way normal. 

EDIT:  Ok I read the reasoning but still?  they were vacationing in the area?  So they planned a vacation around your family putting them up for free room and board?   With zero notice?    That's ballsy.  

Yep they are going to some State Park then Kayaking the next day. My folks don't want to be mean but this might be the last straw.

1 minute ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Yep they are going to some State Park then Kayaking the next day. My folks don't want to be mean but this might be the last straw.

Mean?   That is not something they should be concerned with.  Someone made reservations without telling the inkeeper.   Or at the VERY least showing up with a very nice bottle of wine and big sad eyes as they asked to stay.    you don't show up unnanounced looking for a place to stay, and you don't show up empty handed and you DAMN sure don't show up with an empty stomach after not abiding by rule 1 and 2. 

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Mean?   That is not something they should be concerned with.  Someone made reservations without telling the inkeeper.   Or at the VERY least showing up with a very nice bottle of wine and big sad eyes as they asked to stay.    you don't show up unnanounced looking for a place to stay, and you don't show up empty handed and you DAMN sure don't show up with an empty stomach after not abiding by rule 1 and 2. 

I wouldn't mind Bills fans showing up unannounced at Lambeau field though LOL.

1 minute ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

I wouldn't mind Bills fans showing up unannounced at Lambeau field though LOL.

As a rule Bills fans always announce themselves. They may not call ahead, but you'll know when the get there.  Jacksonville knew they were there for the playoff game.   Drank that town DRY!

My parents had a talk with them today saying you need to give us Notice. They said our sheets and pillows are dirty, we don't have enough food for ya and 5 days is a lot to host you guys. Were too tired to do it they said. They also said we need to know so we can get the house looking good and we were wearing our old drag around clothes. They said its embarrassing for someone to come in and see you looking like that. My Mom told me they didn't seem to like it. They said well we drove 6 hours all the way up here so we expect you guys to put us up LOL. I thought the last comment by them was very bold.

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Why?  What reason did they give?

I mean, if it was just "we decided on the spur of the moment to spend a week with you!" I'd tell 'em "Great.  Yard's that way, sleep there."  But if their neighborhood was sacked by Visigoths or something, I might be a little more lenient.  

They want to do some sightseeing and go kayaking then check out some state parks. They will go to the U.P. of Michigan way up to Copper Harbor then they said they are going to swing back to Minneapolis for a baseball game then back home to Iowa.

31 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

My parents had a talk with them today saying you need to give us Notice. They said our sheets and pillows are dirty, we don't have enough food for ya and 5 days is a lot to host you guys. Were too tired to do it they said. They also said we need to know so we can get the house looking good and we were wearing our old drag around clothes. They said its embarrassing for someone to come in and see you looking like that. My Mom told me they didn't seem to like it. They said well we drove 6 hours all the way up here so we expect you guys to put us up LOL. I thought the last comment by them was very bold.

They want to do some sightseeing and go kayaking then check out some state parks. They will go to the U.P. of Michigan way up to Copper Harbor then they said they are going to swing back to Minneapolis for a baseball game then back home to Iowa.

Here’s a thought....BEFORE you drive 6 hours, take 20 seconds and make a phone call!

I might have pretended to not be home. “Oh, we didn’t tell you we were out of town? Well, you didn’t tell us you were coming. No, that’s not me you hear through the door, and yes, the locks were changed and nobody within 500 miles has a key.” 

How old are these intruders, anyway? Are they just young and stupid? 

9 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Why?  What reason did they give?

I mean, if it was just "we decided on the spur of the moment to spend a week with you!" I'd tell 'em "Great.  Yard's that way, sleep there."  But if their neighborhood was sacked by Visigoths or something, I might be a little more lenient.  

What if they were Ostrogoths?

38 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

They said well we drove 6 hours all the way up here so we expect you guys to put us up LOL. I thought the last comment by them was very bold.

Uhm, yeah.  That probably would have been the GTFO moment for me and if I were the Dad I'd call my sister and ask WTF is up with your kid and why didn't you teach them any reasonable manners.

I'm going to a hockey tournament in February that's 20 minutes from my sister's house over a long weekend.  We are staying in a hotel and it never crossed my mind to crash at her house for 3 days let alone doing it without asking her.  

Your parents should swing through Iowa sometime randomly and just show up.  Of course, that means going to Iowa which is a punishment unto itself.

7 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

As a rule Bills fans always announce themselves. They may not call ahead, but you'll know when the get there.  Jacksonville knew they were there for the playoff game.   Drank that town DRY!

They were out of folding tables for weeks.

1 hour ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Then !@#$ them.  Get a hotel.

Jesus.  If I did that to my father - showed up unannounced, expected room and board for a week, I would expect to hear "!@#$ you, get a hotel."  And I would be worried about the old man if I didn't hear it.

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

My brother would tell me he was showing up at a certain time and then show up a day or two early, before I had cleaned up completely and then be an azz about it. So once he told me he was coming on the like a Monday, but then sent me an email on the Thursday before saying he was leaving right now, bye, see you in a few hours. I was literally painting at the time to fix a room up and just happened to check the email and I just blew up. I called and started screaming at him and he turned around and went home and hasn't visited too much since. Oh well...

you blowing up?? who would have guessed that? strange times we live in.

19 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

My relatives, Cousin, his wife and kids never told them they were coming. They were hauling their suitcases to my parents front door and said to my folks can we stay for 5 days? They live 6 hours away too.My folks said I wish we would have known your coming. They said you guys can stay tonight and Friday night but we have plans for the weekend. My folks aren't happy at all that they were never informed they were coming. What would you guys do in this situation? Anyone dealt with something similar before?

ummm.... turn out the lights and pretend you're not home?

how the hell are ya, icebowl? good to see you. wish i was going to Lambeau this year, we could have had a popsicle together ;)

Edited by Foxx

19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Then !@#$ them.  Get a hotel.

Jesus.  If I did that to my father - showed up unannounced, expected room and board for a week, I would expect to hear "!@#$ you, get a hotel."  And I would be worried about the old man if I didn't hear it.

Image result for gtfo gif

9 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Millennials right?  Had/have an easy life?