QB records against the spread

21 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

they have no run game and haven't since he got there. no burning clock down. i'd be curious to know what the time of possession average is since he got there. they just throw the ball.  you have to at least have somewhat of a balanced offense.

The playoff year under Schwartz was the last time I remember them running it well. Reggie Bush is their last 1000 yard rusher I think.... and he has been gone years. 

32 minutes ago, eball said:

Man, I love gambling threads!  I'm going to try to do a bit more wagering this season, and this tip (and the linked article) will be on my mind for sure.

So do I!! Especially love the one last year when the guy claimed to be a “ sharp “ living in Behas making his living on betting NFL games and swore books always wanted 50% on each team, and moved the line to make it so?

last year, opening weekend  Browns getting 7 at home against the Stillers , like +320 moneyline. I loaded up pretty good on the money line ,  Browns leading in 2nd half and lose by 3. ?

should have taken that as an omen. Something like 8 of my first 10 bets covered , but lost the game. Dems the breaks sometimes!

BTW, all I bet is dogs on the moneyline. If I like the favorite I don’t play the game. 

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

So do I!! Especially love the one last year when the guy claimed to be a “ sharp “ living in Behas making his living on betting NFL games and swore books always wanted 50% on each team, and moved the line to make it so?

last year, opening weekend  Browns getting 7 at home against the Stillers , like +320 moneyline. I loaded up pretty good on the money line ,  Browns leading in 2nd half and lose by 3. ?

should have taken that as an omen. Something like 8 of my first 10 bets covered , but lost the game. Dems the breaks sometimes!

BTW, all I bet is dogs on the moneyline. If I like the favorite I don’t play the game. 

Yeah, I never bet favorites on the moneyline.  I already put a couple of bucks on the Bills over 6 wins though.

You ever bet totals?  Those are fun.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think Stafford is good but his yardage total shows how completely irrelevant statistics are now.

It doesn't, actually.  

It shows how statistics have to be used as tools, selectively.  You don't (if you're smart) choose a circular saw to assemble your Ikea bookshelf.  If you try, you might reach the conclusion that tools are useless.  That would be a silly conclusion.  The correct conclusion is that the situationally right tool is useful and the wrong tool is not.

Passing yards are not positively correlated to wins.  I've been pointing this out for years.  To the extent that passing yards are correlated to winning, they have a weak correlation to losses.

The fact that one statistic is not useful in no way shows that all statistics are irrelevant.

14 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah, I never bet favorites on the moneyline.  I already put a couple of bucks on the Bills over 6 wins though.

You ever bet totals?  Those are fun.

I have never bet a favorite money line, and even last 10 years never bet a favorite at all! 

I dont bet bet win totals , but usually take a flyer on teams to win divisions. Two years ago had the Jags.. one year to early!

last year had the Browns?,,,maybe a year early?

I'm surprised that Brees isn't higher, but I guess I remember the Saints having a terrible defense for a lot of years. Crazy he hasn't won more. He throws for 5,000 yards like every season. He's a stats monster.