Eric Wood on GMFB 7/25

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

Joe Thomas was also doing some media, another OL guy who dropped a quick 50 pounds after retirement.

Most lineman do

I have a friend who played D1 and I. The league for a bit as a lineman and he lost 60-70 pounds fairly quickly after retiring 

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Imagine how unhealthy that is to carry around all the excess weight, some guys do it for years.

Thats the toll of being a lineman in football at a high level 

no other sport makes you put on so much weight yet stay in good shape 

these lineman are eating 15000 calories a day and on professional weight lifting regiments 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

these lineman are eating 15000 calories a day and on professional weight lifting regiments 

Could be worse, could be sumo wrestles, all the really do is eat

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

sumo

7 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Could be worse, could be sumo wrestles, all the really do is eat

get fed you mean. by hot chicks.all day. dang..

if only i could've weighed more than 167  at some point

- How much weight have you lost

I'm down 50 lbs or so.  the first 20 came off quick and the next 30 or so I had to work for.  Now I'm having to get all my clothes tailored

- Neck injury

Got my first stinger of my life this year in week 5 against the Bengals and got another one the following week.  We didn't think anything of it - I got an X-ray that checked out pretty well, I just went on playing.  I got a bunch more stingers as the season went on - which is pretty common among football players.  After the season my wife was due with our second child and I said I've got to get out of here - rush me through my end of year physical and clear me for the Pro Bowl and let's go.  And they said well let's talk about that neck a little more - so they talked me into getting an MRI on the way out of town. 

An hour before my son was born I get the call that my career was over.  At that point you start going hey, we'll reach out for more opinions and we'll see and he said Eric we've already reached out for opinions but you're welcome to - so we did, and any surgery that would have taken the disk off my spinal cord would have also made me not pass a physical again, which essentially ended my career

- How are you processing now that some time has passed

I'm all right.  It feels weird not prepping for training camp, and it feels weird scheduling things past the middle of July.  Usually that's a shut down date - July 20th get ready to drive up to Buffalo and get ready for the season.  It's different - there are days I feel some anxiety like man I should be doing something, I should be prepping to play ball.  That's all I've worked for the last 14-15 years.  But I'm enjoying more time with family.  We have two young kids like I said, so I'm enjoying this time because at some point I'm going to be working and I'm going to wish I cherished these days probably a little more

- Bills fans

They made a name for themselves.  Social media has amped it up, and now it's become a competition like what next can we do - they're getting lit on fire and jumping through tables I mean it's insane.  But they're also passionate, they stand behind us, they stood behind us all the way through that drought.  And nothing will probably stand out to me more than when we came back from Miami on New Year's eve and they ditch their plans and wait in the freezing cold for our plane to come in to give us a cheer when we come off the plane.  And when I say freezing I mean freezing temperatures and snowing and their standing out there just to welcome us back.  Wild and crazy but also extremely passionate.  You've seen what they did for Dalton's foundation - they've been extremely supportive of what I've done over the years.  They're a great group of people - they like to have fun up there too. 

- Kyle Williams TD

It was awesome.  That was a play we literally ran one time during a walk through.  Never rehearsed.  That game wasn't completely out of hand, not like it was a token play in a blow out game.  Luckily the Dline ran an out charge and me and Richie fall on our face and Kyle just kind of falls over the top of us and it works out perfect.  To end the drought and have so much fun doing it and with that group of guys was so special.  I had nightmares of playing my whole career in Buffalo and never making the playoffs.  that's part of the reason I signed before the eaon last year as opposed to hitting free agency for the first time in my career was because I couldn't move on from Buffalo and not end that drought.

- Eric Wood foudation

Will keep it in Buffalo and keep it going

Good (but quick) interview.  Surprised they waited until after the season to order the MRI - not sure if that will undergo any scrutiny

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5