Uber Fraud: Beware of the Vomit!

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I’ve taken hundreds of Uber/Lyft rides without incident.  Took one cab ride in the last 2+ years and the scumbag driver pulled the ‘I don’t have any change’ routine to scam a couple extra bucks from me.

83df781536d2f67fdb388e148298036e.jpg

Because You are a nice guy with the Ubers and Lyfts.

I suspect these are dickmoves probably played on people who treat the driver like crap.  Or, it's just crappy Miami and it's catching fire there... Miami can be a ShiestHole...?

Your cabbie probs stem from your 'tude towards them.

That will be 5¢... Trust me, I know crazy. ?

5 hours ago, ALF said:

Self driving cars keep sounding like a better idea. I hate to see people lose jobs but this is inevitable .

If anything, this is what causes Uber's downfall.

10 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

I would just call my bank and have them reverse the charge. 

That's fine if you don't want to use Uber anymore...

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

If anything, this is what causes Uber's downfall.

Why?  You don’t think Uber will be at the forefront of driverless cars?  They have more incentive to solve that than anyone.

On 7/23/2018 at 9:04 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Because You are a nice guy with the Ubers and Lyfts.

I suspect these are dickmoves probably played on people who treat the driver like crap.  Or, it's just crappy Miami and it's catching fire there... Miami can be a ShiestHole...?

Your cabbie probs stem from your 'tude towards them.

That will be 5¢... Trust me, I know crazy. ?

Of course;  as with any interaction with service people (cashiers, flight attendants, etc), the vast majority of the people who have ‘problems’ have them because they are a—holes.  But yes, being in a ****ty part of Miami would increase the odds too.

As for ‘cabbie problems’,  your suggestion that I see/treat one class of hired chauffeur different than another is of course ludicrous.   What you have forgotten is one of the key features (among many) that makes the Uber model superior:  customer feedback.

Bad customer feedback causes financial harm to the Uber driver and thus the model incents good customer service.  So it’s no surprise the experiences with Uber continue to be positive (two more efficient and courteous rides today)

56 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Why?  You don’t think Uber will be at the forefront of driverless cars?  They have more incentive to solve that than anyone.

Yeah, they know they need to be, which is why they've been developing their own system from the beginning.

It's an uphill battle against the established automotive industry, though, who all seen to be trying to go it alone. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Of course;  as with any interaction with service people (cashiers, flight attendants, etc), the vast majority of the people who have ‘problems’ have them because they are a—holes.  But yes, being in a ****ty part of Miami would increase the odds too.

As for ‘cabbie problems’,  your suggestion that I see/treat one class of hired chauffeur different than another is of course ludicrous.   What you have forgotten is one of the key features (among many) that makes the Uber model superior:  customer feedback.

Bad customer feedback causes financial harm to the Uber driver and thus the model incents good customer service.  So it’s no surprise the experiences with Uber continue to be positive (two more efficient and courteous rides today)

For the suckas who value it as a real job... Not like a real job, is there really skin in the game?  Just a side to get in on and out... Work when you want to.  Feedback blows. Who cares in a meat market... Take one for a cool $150... Make the night.

Not if they are getting in, making a quick $150... Maybe many times more by inattentive credit card statement watchers...  

...Who the eff cares...   Driving ain't a career.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, they know they need to be, which is why they've been developing their own system from the beginning.

It's an uphill battle against the established automotive industry, though, who all seen to be trying to go it alone. 

Yep.  Move a way from labor. I can't blame them.  Go RoboCar.

Who wants to deal with labor...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois