Is TCU good?

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone follow this program? I’m trying to determine threat level for week 3 and can’t get a good feel from what I’ve read. I really don’t watch a lot of big 12. I know they’ve been really good recently but not sure what they have currently....

They are a defensive program.

They run a hybrid defense which has given teams fits for the last 15+ years no matter the mountain west or Big 12

if you can move the ball on them , you can win because they will not be an offensive powerhouse 

(What’s confusing about that? I haven’t watched TCU religiously in a few years but they were always a defensive powerhouse. Top 25 defensive team

46 ranked offense last year... top 20 defense... that’s typical TCU

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

They run a hybrid defense which has given teams fits for the last 15+ years no matter the mountain west or Big 12

if you can move the ball on them , you can win because they will not be an offensive powerhouse 

(What’s confusing about that? I haven’t watched TCU religiously in a few years but they were always a defensive powerhouse. Top 25 defensive team

Interesting, I expected the opposite with offense/defense... Big 12 stereotype I guess

How are they against the run? 

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting, I expected the opposite with offense/defense... Big 12 stereotype I guess

How are they against the run? 

Top 5 last year and always pretty stout... they practice a lot for triple option , read options because they run a 4-2-5 which would look susceptible 

Patterson is a defensive guru

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I like them as a week 3 dog at AT&T Cowboys Stadium.... I know its versus Ohio State, but I don't care.

They have a solid run game with 6 starters returning to anchor the defense at DE, NT, LB, CB, SS, FS, and CB.

RT and Guard are also returning players. 

6 hours ago, #34fan said:

I like them as a week 3 dog at AT&T Cowboys Stadium.... I know its versus Ohio State, but I don't care.

They have a solid run game with 6 starters returning to anchor the defense at DE, NT, LB, CB, SS, FS, and CB.

RT and Guard are also returning players. 

The OL for both teams will decide the game imo 

2 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Yikes - it's a little early to trigger my anxiety. I feel like TCU has been waiting for this since 2014.

I started stressing this weekend because we have some friends who want to organize a big watch party in the neighborhood and I’d rather do that for a game where I’m not going to be in the fetal position in the corner for 3 hours. With the OLs i just see them as key on both sides - as OSU has played very well in big night games in that stadium recently beating Alabama and USC the last 2x they were there. For the buckeyes if they get the run game going and then dominate TCU up front on defense, that’s their recipe. Haskins is important but riding weber and Dobbins will open up that PA for him to go downfield.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.