Why the future is bright

beausox

1) Wyche and Clements will devise a scheme in which JP will thrive. It will look somewhat akin to the Jets use of Curtis Martin and Pennington fakes and rollouts.

2) Power running game of Willis who this year will display more speed. It is scary to think that last year he relied on power and seemed to lack a burst of speed! Many believe last season WM was at 85%. In addition WM rarely ran a downfield pattern. He will this year and pity the overmatched LB. Every defense must account for a RB of Willis' ability which makes the rollout deadly.

3) Moulds and Evans will stretch the field. A third receiver has not arisen but that is a relatively easy position to fill. Either Fast Freddy or ........?

4)McNally will coordinate the o-line which requires the utmost in synchronization. The best few o-lines will out perform the all-pro line at the Pro Bowl every time even if none of those teams have any Pro Bowlers! Next years line will be very good. In addition "the statue" has been replaced by" the mobile".

5)The Defense is solid, among the best. It will provide field position and probably allow but 17-21 pts per game against the best offenses. IMHO we did a very poor job offensively after getting good field position because too often we went 3 and out and did not get the three 1st downs necessary to kick FG's.

6)Special Teams. Arguably the best in NFL. Punt returns and kick off return men are superior. Moorman is the best punter in or out but especially in the Ralph.

7) Are we better than the Pats? I do not know but we are better than most. Would you trade the Colts lineup for ours? I would not. Overall we are better.

Guest BackInDaDay
1) Wyche and Clements will devise a scheme in which JP will thrive. It will look somewhat akin to the Jets use of Curtis Martin and Pennington fakes and rollouts.

2) Power running game of Willis who this year will display more speed. It is scary to think that last year he relied on power and seemed to lack a burst of speed! Many believe last season WM was at 85%. In addition WM rarely ran a downfield pattern. He will this year and pity the overmatched LB. Every defense must account for a RB of Willis' ability which makes the rollout deadly.

3) Moulds and Evans will stretch the field. A third receiver has not arisen but that is a relatively easy position to fill. Either Fast Freddy or ........?

4)McNally will coordinate the o-line which requires the utmost in synchronization. The best few o-lines will out perform the all-pro line at the Pro Bowl every time even if none of those teams have any Pro Bowlers! Next years line will be very good. In addition "the statue" has been replaced by" the mobile".

5)The Defense is solid, among the best. It will provide field position and probably allow but 17-21 pts per game against the best offenses. IMHO we did a very poor job offensively after getting good field position because too often we went 3 and out and did not get the three 1st downs necessary to kick FG's.

6)Special Teams. Arguably the best in NFL. Punt returns and kick off return men are superior. Moorman is the best punter in or out but especially in the Ralph.

7) Are we better than the Pats? I do not know but we are better than most. Would you trade the Colts lineup for ours? I would not. Overall we are better.

277158[/snapback]

Hard to argue with any of this. May I add one more?

8) There's plenty of time, and a few more resources, at TD's disposal for further improvements before pre-season.

Yes. Very interesting as to just what is TD's next move. In truth he probably does not know but releases such as Hamilton and Hand from Giants today herald a number of possibilities. Whether either of these two have value to Bills is open to question. What strikes me is that our cuts- Prioleau et al- are being done as the FA and draft possibilities become more clear. Who knows perhaps Ty Law? or it could be that we follow the Pats model and have some value signings? Ralph is not getting any younger. He may pressure for a different course.