This is not how you are supposed to tip over king in chess.

Saxum

55 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Best line from that movie is when the general says, “I’d piss on a spark plug if I thought it would help.”

Barry Corbin! 

Loved him as Maurice Minnifield in Northern Exposure.

f8fabc9eda063de73bb397b5921e6e15.jpg

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Like (+1) 2

It's Iceland or the Philippines or Hastings or

Or this place!

One town's very like another
When your head's down over your pieces, brother.

I don't see you guys rating the kind of mate I'm contemplating I'd let you watch, I would invite you but the queens we use would not excite you.

Best I can come up with on short notice...Now that the Thai kids are out, still got Bangkok on my mind.

38 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's Iceland or the Philippines or Hastings or

Or this place!

One town's very like another
When your head's down over your pieces, brother.

I don't see you guys rating the kind of mate I'm contemplating I'd let you watch, I would invite you but the queens we use would not excite you.

Best I can come up with on short notice...Now that the Thai kids are out, still got Bangkok on my mind.

Sounds like the world's your oyster...

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I am actually supposed to go there tomorrow to play "Giant Chess."

Guess that's not happening...

You think that’s bad? I just booked my flight there to get in on the Giant Checkers championships. Now that’s cancelled going forward too. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Augie said:

Is that like a participation trophy? I’ve always wanted one of those! 

You let me know if you get a brilliancy orise at a good chess tournament 

there is nothing wrong with participation trophies as long as someone is also given MVP and most improved and best D as well

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

You let me know if you get a brilliancy orise at a good chess tournament 

there is nothing wrong with participation trophies as long as someone is also given MVP and most improved and best D as well

The way these semiliterate and overpriced prima donnas are going, I fully expect 'Best Twitter Tweet' to become a category.

39 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The way these semiliterate and overpriced prima donnas are going, I fully expect 'Best Twitter Tweet' to become a category.

i always got a participant trophy or certificate for house league soccer and hockey, but there was always a bigger trophy for the top players and that was usually not in dispute.

hoops has its own set of cool (often undeserved) that didn't go for participant stuff, which i excelled in

15 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

Best line from that movie is when the general says, “I’d piss on a spark plug if I thought it would help.”

thought it was the line from The Wire" you cannot lose if you do not play the game"

14 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m curious to know if @plenzmd1 has an alibi. It sounds like his M.O. 

Wrong part of town for me..I am in tony NW..that is the hipster Atlas District....nothing but ink and piercing over there!!!!

I miss the birthday requirement by 20 years to live there!!!!

I used to be very good at Chess and played my math teacher regularly after school when I was "on detention".

(I was on detention because I was late not for trouble so I'd just tell VP I was going to his office for detention)

He was rated as a grandmaster and was chess champion of US Army before he retired.

He could replay any game without notes to show me what I did wrong.

I beat him once out of hundreds of games I played him and we spent entire hour going over game for he could not see how I beat him asking me why I made certain moves telling me he never saw such a combination before.

Got a trophy in high school for a chess tournament which all of big schools in Erie county participated in.

Cannot remember it however for I had a seizure next morning and no memory of previous day.