Ronaldo to Juventus Official

6 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Real Madrid accept the $100M bid and Ronaldo will now make $33M a season playing in Italy.

33m euros net.

Italians report their wages in net not gross.

this is good for serie a but terrible for parity.

It would be most welcome for Italy to capture 18 of the 20 best players in the world again in club play

again not since 1993

make it 1992, the same year Gianni Brera died and Gazza belched and flopped and the Golden Era ended

Edited by row_33

18 hours ago, meazza said:

33m euros net.

Italians report their wages in net not gross.

this is good for serie a but terrible for parity.

I could have sworn that I read somewhere that Real Madrid will be paying a portion of his annual salary with Juve.

Can you confirm?

13 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I could have sworn that I read somewhere that Real Madrid will be paying a portion of his annual salary with Juve.

Can you confirm?

Rumor has it, Fiat will pay a large portion of it through some special sponsorship w the club.  Which is slightly confusing, because the owner of Juventus owns Fiat (I think). 

22 minutes ago, stony said:

Rumor has it, Fiat will pay a large portion of it through some special sponsorship w the club.  Which is slightly confusing, because the owner of Juventus owns Fiat (I think). 

they do whatever they want and then maybe down the road the tax authorities come after them

in addition a few teams have gone bankrupt trying to keep up with the big boys, I doubt that's the case here, but you never know

besides, it's been a few years since the last Juventus scandal that "may ruin soccer as we know it" so stay tuned...

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

they do whatever they want and then maybe down the road the tax authorities come after them

in addition a few teams have gone bankrupt trying to keep up with the big boys, I doubt that's the case here, but you never know

besides, it's been a few years since the last Juventus scandal that "may ruin soccer as we know it" so stay tuned...

Agreed.  Nothing will happen. 

I actually like the move for him.  He's lost a gear, which means he'll still be faster than everyone in Serie A ?

I still think a league title there is as worthless as Munich's is every season.  I wish I was old enough to have watched the late 80s into the 90s when the league was the best.  

Edited by stony

1 hour ago, stony said:

I actually like the move for him.  He's lost a gear, which means he'll still be faster than everyone in Serie A ?

I still think a league title there is as worthless as Munich's is every season.  I wish I was old enough to have watched the late 80s into the 90s when the league was the best.  

Inter had the top Germans

Milan had the top Dutch

Roma brought in their 3 allowed imports from Europe and South America

Napoli had Maradona and Careca

Juventus brought in others like Roma did

and it was very very good.... 5 teams seriously duking it out for 6 or so years.

and back then only the first place team from a country went to the European Cup, not like the top 5 or 15 or 150 or whatever allowed in from top countries now to the Champions League...

Spain for the last decade has spent the $$$ and built the most competitive league, might be slipping away now...

6 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Can you confirm?

No.  Juve will pay 100m € to Madrid and 10m € to his agent.  They will then pay 60m to him partially covered through a special sponsorship deal with ferrari.  The agnelli family Owns Juventus, fair and Ferrari.

3 hours ago, stony said:

Lost a gear? He has more goals in Europe than some Clubs have. He is clinical. 

Though when he gets to juve he will learn quickly that no one is bigger than the club.

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Inter had the top Germans

Milan had the top Dutch

Roma brought in their 3 allowed imports from Europe and South America

Napoli had Maradona and Careca

Juventus brought in others like Roma did

and it was very very good.... 5 teams seriously duking it out for 6 or so years.

and back then only the first place team from a country went to the European Cup, not like the top 5 or 15 or 150 or whatever allowed in from top countries now to the Champions League...

Spain for the last decade has spent the $$$ and built the most competitive league, might be slipping away now...

My earliest memories of soccer were the red/black Opel kits.  Still up there w my all time bests. 

I got into the game because I "remembered" who Rijkaard was when he managed Barca. Started watching around that time.  Serie A sounded like a blast then.

50 minutes ago, meazza said:

No.  Juve will pay 100m € to Madrid and 10m € to his agent.  They will then pay 60m to him partially covered through a special sponsorship deal with ferrari.  The agnelli family Owns Juventus, fair and Ferrari.

Lost a gear? He has more goals in Europe than some Clubs have. He is clinical. 

Though when he gets to juve he will learn quickly that no one is bigger than the club.

He has, and it isn't an insult.  He's changed his game and excelled in different ways.  He'll have a less skilled surrounding cast, but he'll be fine because the overall level is below La Liga.  

34 minutes ago, stony said:

He has, and it isn't an insult.  He's changed his game and excelled in different ways.  He'll have a less skilled surrounding cast, but he'll be fine because the overall level is below La Liga.  

Says who? Serie a may not have the same marketing as the other leagues and may have dropped some prestige in the last ten years but napoli, Roma and the rest can certainly give juve a challenge.  

5 minutes ago, meazza said:

Says who? Serie a may not have the same marketing as the other leagues and may have dropped some prestige in the last ten years but napoli, Roma and the rest can certainly give juve a challenge.  

The last 7 years??

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, stony said:

My earliest memories of soccer were the red/black Opel kits.  Still up there w my all time bests. 

I got into the game because I "remembered" who Rijkaard was when he managed Barca. Started watching around that time.  Serie A sounded like a blast then.

Priorities come and go for leagues, around 1993 Italy stopped giving a darn about an entertaining product 

Spain has dominated the club excitement for at least 15 years now with 3-4 top teams stacked with imports, maybe it starts to ebb away now.

sadly Serie A has been the worst borefest all this time.