President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

26 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Grain of salt, but hearing this from multiple sources: 

53 is still possible...

At this point, I wouldn't put it past the Democrats to have those Senators lie out their asses about confirming him, just to lay one last dirty trap to derail the confirmation.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

In all serious, for the health of the country, I hope whoever wins the presidency in 2020 also wins the popular vote.

How about we just get rid of the archaic nonsensical EC that got Trump elected in the first place.

It's a ridiculous, anti-democratic concoction designed to throw people who chose to live in sh*tty states a bone. They've given them the whole damn steak.

One person. One vote. I'm sorry they chose to live in Alatucky. Tough luck buttercup.

Edited by LSHMEAB

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

At this point, I wouldn't put it past the Democrats to have those Senators lie out their asses about confirming him, just to lay one last dirty trap to derail the confirmation.

Oh please do it. They would lose so badly at the midterms that Kavanaugh would easily be confirmed on a re-nomination and we'd have a conservative SC and the other two branches.

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

How about we just get rid of the archaic nonsensical EC that got Trump elected in the first place.

It's a ridiculous, anti-democratic concoction designed to throw people who chose to live in sh*tty states a bone. They've given them the whole damn steak.

One person. One vote. I'm sorry they chose to live in Alatucky. Tough luck buttercup.

You are an idiot and have no clue as to what has made this country great.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Congratulations. You have shown a complete ignorance of how our republic functions.

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It's a ridiculous, archaic, anti-democratic system that was designed to throw people who chose to live in sh*tty states a bone. They've given them the whole damn steak.

One person. One vote. I'm sorry you chose to live in Alatucky. 

Nah.  I always find it funny seeing Ivy League elites pretend they give a damn about the people of Iowa.  Plus, we're a Republic.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Because it's a sane anti-democratic concoction, and not the least bit archaic.  To remove it would be to allow the urban coastal population to dominate the rural population.  That would be truly disastrous.  

The Constitution designs a system of government that specifically curbs authority.  That includes the authority of the people, and there is good reason for that: the Founding Fathers had a sound classical education, and thoroughly understood the problems with pure participative democracy, as it was practiced in classical Athens and led to chaos and the ultimate downfall of that city.  Don't take my word for it, read Thucydides.

The EC isn't the problem.  The people who don't understand that their Congressman represents them and not the President are the problem, as they scream for imperial executive powers and forget that curbs on powers - which they don't vote for, as they don't vote for representation - exist for a very good reason.

48 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Grain of salt, but hearing this from multiple sources: 

53 is still possible...

Won't happen.  If they vote to confirm they will be put up against the wall and shot.  

And I mean that literally.  That vote will cause violence.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Because it's a sane anti-democratic concoction, and not the least bit archaic.  To remove it would be to allow the urban coastal population to dominate the rural population.  That would be truly disastrous.  

Thumbnail

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think we should dismantle the country. Let the northeast and west coast secede and form their own confederations. Then they don't have to live under the oppression of being left alone, and the rest of us don't have to live under authoritarian rule. Everyone gets what they want.

41 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

When sore losers think...

Remove the EC, destroy the country. A ten year old knows this.

Next time come with a candidate, not a money laundering pig who lets her husband rape other women.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

You must be joking.

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Don’t get it do you? The fact that bill gates vote counts the same as the dude living under the overpass is both beautiful and idiotic at the same time. The EC is the balance. People in disparate places will have different interests. We have a long history of urban lead city states that have failed for the exact reasons you put forth. 

5 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

are there actual odds that someone is killed tomorrow?  i'd take those odds.

i see this **** as being !@#$ing scary as hell.

Honestly, I am surprised we haven't seen any real acts of violence to this point. It is only a matter of time when we have people (1) mobilizing and (2) openly urging emotionally volatile mobs to physically confront people they are being told are nothing short of the personification of evil.

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

Just touched down from a 20 hour flight and couldn't be happier with the news.

Bravo Senator Collins.  That was a tough vote for her to make, much harder to defend than Murkowski's.

If you have a chance to view her speech, do so. A shining example of civility and reason in a moment it was needed.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, ALF said:

If Kavanaugh becomes the cause of flipping the Senate next month , would he still be worth gridlock with E.O. rest of way  ?

As long as we men folk get to tell women what to do with their bodies, everything will be alright. Her body, my choice. Amirite!?!

1 minute ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

As long as we men folk get to tell women what to do with their bodies, everything will be alright. Her body, my choice. Amirite!?!

What's funny about this utterly retarded statement is that it's right out of the Democratic playbook.

This is the best they have which is why the Republicans control more governorships,  Republican state congresses, conservative supreme court, Republican Congress, Republican U.S Senate and the presidency.

Maybe if you guys stepped away from this stupidity for a few you'd win a few more elections.