President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

Just now, Magox said:

Despite the overwhelming evidence or lack there of this should be a no brainer and he should get confirmed. 

With that said, all the irrational fear mongering, McCarthyite and Salem witch hunt like crucifixion with a complicit media that has abandoned even the appearance of impartiality, I dont think hes going to get confirmed.  That is what I'm sensing.

I believe the holdouts are more sympathetic with the arguments from the left.

If they didn't have the votes, they wouldn't have scheduled a vote.

17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"Former" FBI agent.  Not as bad as it at first seems.

Former FBI agent who worked for Preet Bharara and who's now repped by David Laufman now who was up to his eyeballs in both the Clinton email probe and Russian probe: 

Link to the cloture vote: 

(Collins is a yes - on cloture)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Former FBI agent who worked for Preet Bharara and who's now repped by David Laufman now who was up to his eyeballs in both the Clinton email probe and Russian probe: 

Yes, and I have no doubt she's partisan towards both her friend and Democrats.  

But while it may rise to the level of witness tampering, and even conspiracy (and I say that while cautioning everyone NOT TO CONVICT BASED ON ACCUSATION ALONE - which is why Grassley is demanding evidence), that does not indict the entirety of the FBI.  

Just now, DC Tom said:

Yes, and I have no doubt she's partisan towards both her friend and Democrats.  

But while it may rise to the level of witness tampering, and even conspiracy (and I say that while cautioning everyone NOT TO CONVICT BASED ON ACCUSATION ALONE - which is why Grassley is demanding evidence), that does not indict the entirety of the FBI.  

Oh, absolutely, 100%. 

As I've written in other threads, I'm not throwing the entire organization under the bus. It's not monolithic, but the evidence of a close circle of corrupt officials, high up inside Comey's FBI is pretty hard to ignore at this part. It's just yet another example of  the coup conspirators working with a compliant media (who hid McLean's involvement or downplayed it while she was feeding them stories) to force the issue. 

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

More FBI Agents that rose up under Mueller: Touching all the bases to obtain their desired management positions - but, never staying in any one place long enough to learn what rank and file Agents actually do, or how to be one themselves...

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Oh, absolutely, 100%. 

As I've written in other threads, I'm not throwing the entire organization under the bus. It's not monolithic, but the evidence of a close circle of corrupt officials, high up inside Comey's FBI is pretty hard to ignore at this part. It's just yet another example of  the coup conspirators working with a compliant media (who hid McLean's involvement or downplayed it while she was feeding them stories) to force the issue. 

Still important to remember they felt free to act corruptly because they were certain Hillary would win. They are scrambling like hell to discredit and take down Trump because they can feel the noose beginning to tighten.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Mitch is doing sarcasm well.

He's also laying out how ridiculous all this has been, how horrible the Democrats have been while ripping them (and this entire past few weeks) a new one... 

I'll tell ya, the Senate record on this confirmation is going to make for some future "interesting reading".

7 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Just point of reference:

That there are some bad apples in the FBI does not mean they're all bad apples.

This is personally starting to upset me, honestly.

In my experience, as a general rule GS-level people are honest and hard-working.  It's when you get to mid-level SES that you really start to see the political climbers.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Just point of reference:

That there are some bad apples in the FBI does not mean they're all bad apples.

This is personally starting to upset me, honestly.

The vast majority of the Agents are honest, decent men and women who are very good at what they do. The Agency, as a whole, is, IMO, the best investigative agency in the world. The recent bad apples seem to be from a group at the upper echelon of the FBI. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

In my experience, as a general rule GS-level people are honest and hard-working.  It's when you get to mid-level SES that you really start to see the political climbers.

My first hand experience as well