President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

21 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/08/14/432080520/fact-check-was-planned-parenthood-started-to-control-the-black-population

“In reading her papers, it is clear Sanger had bought into the movement. She once wrote that "consequences of breeding from stock lacking human vitality always will give us social problems and perpetuate institutions of charity and crime."

Friggin’ NPR.

The slogan adorning the cover of the magazine she established was "Birth Control:  To Create a Race of Thoroughbreds", she presented to the KKK, and established her clinics in nearly exclusively black neighborhoods.  She incessantly called for "racial health" and "race improvement", and openly maligned the "race of degenerates"

She said things like "Eugenics … is the most adequate and thorough avenue to the solution of racial, political, and social problems" in interviews, and "We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social service backgrounds and with engaging personalities ... We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population." in letters.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I have to find a link to the presser. They did a great job. Grassley was ACTIVATED :lol: :beer: 

He should have sent our new DT out as his spokesperson.

His health would be better for it.

57 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Let me know the next time a sexual assault victim shows up to report her problem to the FBI...because it'll be the first time that's ever happened, CHAD.

Sexual assault is an abhorrent crime and those who are rightfully convicted of it deserve the death penalty (I'm looking specifically at you, Catholic priests).  Lawmakers need to seriously examine the laws and penalties of these crimes.  That being said, ANY false accusation that can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt needs to be met with VERY harsh penalties as well.  Checks and balances, folks.  It's what our society is supposed to be based upon.

We should definitely keep giving them taxpayer money.

Agree with your sentiments in principle.  I will say that we want to be careful how we lay out the parameters for sexual assault in terms of definition and penalty.  Quite a few would consider an assault having taken place without any concrete evidence to support it.  Would not even need a victim to say that an attempt of forced sexual conduct took place.  I don't want sexual misconduct to go unpunished but I don't want a set of laws that ultimately becomes a persecution apparatus either.  

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

He said: "I'm looking at the gentleman as an adult from 22 to 53, 31 years of professional service. I'm looking at him as a father, as a person in the community, how he interacts with his community."

So, in other words, he's looking an 8-10 point swing against him in the polls if he votes against Kavanaugh.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I watched the Schumer/Fienstien press conference.  Diane thinks voters are as stupid as Hillary does.  She complained that she was only given 5 minutes to ask questions.  In those 5 minutes she asked Kavanaugh if he had ever heard of Swaaatnick, Swetnick and asked him if he would ask for an investigation.  Took less than 4 minutes.. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Agree with your sentiments in principle.  I will say that we want to be careful how we lay out the parameters for sexual assault in terms of definition and penalty.  Quite a few would consider an assault having taken place without any concrete evidence to support it.  Would not even need a victim to say that an attempt of forced sexual conduct took place.  I don't want sexual misconduct to go unpunished but I don't want a set of laws that ultimately becomes a persecution apparatus either.  

I understand what you’re saying and I agree with it wholeheartedly but “nature abhors a vacuum”.  So there has to be stiff consequences to those who knowingly falsely accuse someone of thes crimes.  The stigma associated with them is life altering.  Keep in mind the burden of proof will be on the government and no DA is going to want to get Kavanaughed.  I expect charges/ prosecutions will be rare, because they should be.

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I understand what you’re saying and I agree with it wholeheartedly but “nature abhors a vacuum”.  So there has to be stiff consequences to those who knowingly falsely accuse someone of thes crimes.  The stigma associated with them is life altering.

I think proven liars should face the same sentence and sex offender restrictions as those they falsely accuse.

Unfortunately, the counter-argument to wanting stiff penalties for liars is that it will scare legitimate victims into not reporting, out of fear of both their attackers and of being imprisoned if no one believes them. It will never happen.

Just now, Koko78 said:

I think proven liars should face the same sentence and sex offender restrictions as those they falsely accuse.

Unfortunately, the counter-argument to wanting stiff penalties for liars is that it will scare legitimate victims into not reporting, out of fear of both their attackers and of being imprisoned if no one believes them. It will never happen.

Which is why if you are a fat pimple faced 17 year old boy from poverty you had best not make eye contact with any remotely attractive women if the pendulum swings to the other extreme (guilt with virtually no evidence to support it).

5 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

It will also deter false accusers from coming clean. Although that's easily remedied by making an exception for those who come clean on their own.