President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Oh boy... Ford did an article on creating artificial situations and self-hypnosis to "retrieve important memories".

Read the comments on that tweet

There was a case last year where a 5 year old girl accused her father of molesting her. The forensic psychologist who interviewed her was 100% certain he was guilty. They filed charges, he was arrested, lost his job, and had his name run through the mud.

A slight inconsistency in mom's story caught the attention of a detective who asked to see her phone. He found a hypnosis track she had made telling her daughter that daddy touches her privates and using the same verbage the child used.

Had it not been for a stroke of luck he's likely in prison and branded a sex offender for life. Mom was only convicted of a few misdemeanors.

12 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

That's way out of line IMO.  Ken Brown seems like a real classy guy.  Did he score 4 TDs for Polk high?  Can he throw a ball over them mountains?

2 amazing references. Nice.

Sadly, a TBD member took Uncle Rico up on his proposed bet to the tune of 5k. Who knew he actually could throw that football over them mountains! Poor guy can't catch a break.

I'm confused about something about the process here. Maybe one of you will know.

In the hearing, EVERY D tried to get O'Kavanaugh to ask for an FBI Investigation.  Grassley said that any one of them could ask for the investigation to be re opened.  Finally Flake asked for it and it was re opened.  Could a D have done the same?  Why could Flake do it and not them?

Just now, reddogblitz said:

I'm confused about something about the process here. Maybe one of you will know.

In the hearing, EVERY D tried to get O'Kavanaugh to ask for an FBI Investigation.  Grassley said that any one of them could ask for the investigation to be re opened.  Finally Flake asked for it and it was re opened.  Could a D have done the same?  Why could Flake do it and not them?

Because they need his vote.

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

There was a case last year where a 5 year old girl accused her father of molesting her. The forensic psychologist who interviewed her was 100% certain he was guilty. They filed charges, he was arrested, lost his job, and had his name run through the mud.

A slight inconsistency in mom's story caught the attention of a detective who asked to see her phone. He found a hypnosis track she had made telling her daughter that daddy touches her privates and using the same verbage the child used.

Had it not been for a stroke of luck he's likely in prison and branded a sex offender for life. Mom was only convicted of a few misdemeanors.

Was it ever revealed whether or not the basis for Ford's allegations were "recovered memories?"

Just now, Doc said:

Because they need his vote.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  If the Ds wanted to re open the background check, could they do it on their own?  Just ask.  Or does someone from the majority have to do it?   tha't the only difference I can come up with between Flake and them.

Edited by reddogblitz

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Because none of the Democrats were going to vote for Kavanaugh under any circumstances, but Flake was a swing vote.  The Republicans needed to appease him.  

Democrats could ask...but to ask would imply it made any sort of difference in their decisions.  Conversely, knowing that, the Republicans could have easily ignored them.

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Addendum: any woman is to believed unless and until her story is proved to be categorically false... Or said woman is accusing a democrat of abuse. 

That's not quite true.

The left threw Franken under the bus for what I consider to be some innocuous BS. 

They've been relatively consistent in their crusade which presumes women lost the ability to lie in 2017.

45 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

2. If she's locked in a bathroom, how does she know this "pin-balling" is happening?

She hears it.

The choice of words strikes me as more odd than the claim.  But then, she didn't write it...someone else wrote it for her.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

That's not quite true.

The left threw Franken under the bus for what I consider to be some innocuous BS. 

But they tried not to...and there was actual evidence, not just a story.

Just now, DC Tom said:

She hears it.

The choice of words strikes me as more odd than the claim.  But then, she didn't write it...someone else wrote it for her.

I also saw somewhere whee she said stumbling drunk.  I'm not throwing the story out, but like you, find the wording perhaps exaggerated or something.

My theory is Al quit because he knew more stories were coming.

My D friend told me a couple of weeks ago (before all this) these women were Republicans and made it up to get Al in trouble. Now, survivors should be believed.

If she were locked in a bathroom and the music was loud in the next room, she wouldn't have heard then "pinballing" down the stairs.  Likely what she heard was them banging on the walls with their fists.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

She hears it.

Oh yes. A picture of a comedian simulating the act of touching a woman's breast. The horror!

The bottom line is that they DID throw Franken under the bus. To state otherwise would be disingenuous.

I'm not personally outraged by any of it and think the whole thing is out of control. We've essentially criminalized manhood. 

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Oh yes. A picture of a comedian simulating the act of touching a woman's breast. The horror!

The bottom line is that they DID throw Franken under the bus. To state otherwise would be disingenuous.

I'm not personally outraged by any of it and think the whole thing is out of control. We've essentially criminalized manhood. 

Yes, it was weak.  But they needed a sacrificial lamb so they wouldn't look like hypocrites.  Franken's a joke so they sacrificed him.

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Because none of the Democrats were going to vote for Kavanaugh under any circumstances, but Flake was a swing vote.  The Republicans needed to appease him.  

Democrats could ask...but to ask would imply it made any sort of difference in their decisions.  Conversely, knowing that, the Republicans could have easily ignored them.

But legally and procedurally, could they have asked for it, and if they did, would have it be honored?  Grassley said any one of them could ask for it.

Let's say Kamala Harris DID want to ask for it.  Could she ask, and if so, would the Rs HAVE to go along with it?  I suppose the final call is Trump's since they asked him for it.

Edited by reddogblitz

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

And it's still more evidence than they have against Kavanaugh.  :lol:

I can't find the post, but someone referred to Brett Kavanaugh as "dreamy." If that's "dreamy," I'd hate to see a nightmare.

Since it's fair game to attack Ford's looks, lets just call a spade a spade; Brett Kavanaugh is one ugly dude.

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

But legally and procedurally, could they have asked for it, and if they did, would have it be honored?  Grassley said any one of them could ask for it.

Let's say Kamala Harris DID want to ask for it.  Could she ask, and if so, would the Rs HAVE to go along with it?  I suppose the final call is Trump's since they asked him for it.

No.  Republicans can tell the Democrats to go pound sand up their ass.  Used to be the Democrats had leverage for negotiation...but thanks to Harry Reid, they don't even have that any more unless they appeal to mob hysteria.

And the Senate asking for an FBI investigation means nothing.  They don't control the executive branch.  They have leverage ("Give us an investigation, or your nomination's borked.") but not authority.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

I can't find the post, but someone referred to Brett Kavanaugh as "dreamy." If that's "dreamy," I'd hate to see a nightmare.

Since it's fair game to attack Ford's looks, lets just call a spade a spade; Brett Kavanaugh is one ugly dude.

He looks like a slightly less doughy Ted Cruz.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Harris was never a swing vote or a factor to pass Kavanaugh. Flake, Collins, others were and they need to appease that and don't want to go nuclear

If lame duck rep, say Marcy Kapture, said she was a swing vote considering a "yes" on Kavanaugh she would be ignored. But, if someone who should be in the bank, like Michael Simpson (Idaho) had reservations. (not Liz Warren reservations but questions) we would have a different picture

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

And yet you have more evidence against Franken than you'll ever have against Kavanaugh.

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And it's still more evidence than they have against Kavanaugh.  :lol:

Damn. Okay. Missed this. Still funny.