President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Yeah, he's a leading forensic moron. His 'opinion' has nothing to do with an actual assessment of Kavanaugh's mental status (which by the way, is completely unrealistic based on watching a hearing where he's being accused of rape), and everything to do with the 'R' next to Kavanaugh's name.

I'm not disagreeing, not at all that his bias is fueled by political views from his life.

Interesting life has led as his father was at one point one of the top in the country, if not the world, in his professional career which is not just being a plumber or anything else like that. His father begin as a carpenter and put himself through medical school to build an entire hospital. Once his father had kids get the college he told them he would not do anything but buy them a car, which was like a Tercel or something like that if I remember correctly. The guy put himself through school and is now almost three-quarters of a million in debt fell for him at 34 you'll be able to pay that off in the next 2 or 3 years. Nonetheless, he's known in his field and comes from a strong family

Edit... It's actually, for the record, my girlfriend's ex-boyfriend. We had went to dinner with him while in town not heard a lot about it because if they remain close friends

Edited by Boyst62

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

I'm not disagreeing, not at all that his bias is fueled by political views from his life.

Interesting life has led as his father was at one point one of the top in the country, if not the world, in his professional career which is not just being a plumber or anything else like that. His father begin as a carpenter and put himself through medical school to build an entire hospital. Once his father had kids get the college he told them he would not do anything but buy them a car, which was like a Tercel or something like that if I remember correctly. The guy put himself through school and is now almost three-quarters of a million in debt fell for him at 34 you'll be able to pay that off in the next 2 or 3 years. Nonetheless, he's known in his field and comes from a strong family

Edit... It's actually, for the record, my girlfriend's ex-boyfriend. We had went to dinner with him while in town not heard a lot about it because if they remain close friends

Thanks for the follow up Boyst.  

I'm always amazed by how many folks who pursue higher education aren't all that smart, fair-minded or both.  I wonder what his feeling might be if his father faced similar accusations and the hospital wanted to disassociate with him? Out of an abundance of caution, just to be respectful to all involved. 

11 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Serious question. Did the renowned forensic psychologist offer an opinion on what the appropriate response would be to be accused of attempted rape, organizing gang sexual assault parties and having ones life ripped to shreads in a choreographed national spectacle?  A knowing nod? A vigorous but not-too-aggessive shaking of one's head?  The pensive bite on the frame of the eyeglass? 

He handled the usual political back stabbing, innuendo, and posturing with a smile and a nod, but I guess I'm at a loss as to what one should say or do  when forces from inside the government conspire to destroy you in front of the world? Personally I think the George McFly "You get your damn hands off her" reply is not strong enough.  

I always wonder what the people/mind experts think, often followed up with "these people are so full of $#!t it isn't funny".

I

Aah, the old counselor nod and variations thereof.

On December 1, 2018 at 10:54 AM, Boyst62 said:

Had dinner and drinks with a leading forensic psychologist yesterday.  They did not support Kavanaugh because his behavior in the final hearing was not fitting of someone who should be impartial.  I was shocked until he said the man appeared to be a loose cannon and emotionally uneasy.  Then I was more shocked.

I'm amazed by the way some people make a living.  Forensic psychology?  Don't all dead people pretty much fit the same behavioral profiles?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

I'm amazed by the way some people make a living.  Forensic psychology?  Don't all dead people pretty much fit the same behavioral profiles?

Depends on the stiff. Some dead folks have a hard time decomposing thoughts that need to be analyzed. Others compost thoughts quite well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Federal court panel dismisses appeals over Justice Kavanaugh misconduct complaints

</snip>

Apparently...

Justices of the Supreme Court are not subject to a code of conduct or disciplinary process like lower federal judges.

Well, really, what was the 10th Circuit going to do, remove him from the Supreme Court bench?  Suspend him?

Appellate courts go out of their way to make chickenshit decisions that don't actually decide anything.

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Federal court panel dismisses appeals over Justice Kavanaugh misconduct complaints

</snip>

Apparently...

Justices of the Supreme Court are not subject to a code of conduct or disciplinary process like lower federal judges.

Well, that...and all of the complaints were filed during his confirmation circus, so they were almost certainly bull####.

• 2 weeks later...

Link to story  

A former Senate aide charged with doxxing Republican senators and extorting a witness reached a plea deal with federal prosecutors in Washington after his wealthy and well-connected family brought in experts to talk about his mental health and the private supervision they could provide him.

A judge signaled that Jackson Cosko had allegedly taken large quantities of sensitive information from the Senate, but banned media from hearing the details. A hearing had been scheduled for Thursday, but on Tuesday, the court canceled it and indicated that a deal had been struck behind the scenes. A plea agreement hearing, where the deal is to be officially signed, was set for April 5.

</snip>

“I own EVERYTHING,” Cosko told a Hassan aide who caught him in the act, according to prosecutors. “If you tell anyone I will leak it all. Emails, signal conversations, gmails.”

Information revealed in court since then suggested that might not have been a bluff. U.S. District Judge Thomas Hogan on Jan. 24 said Cosko allegedly possessed terabytes of information, including Senate data so sensitive that it could not be discussed in open court.

“He downloaded more information than was originally understood. There is no combination of conditions that could ensure the safety of the community,” Hogan said in December 2018.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Link to story  

A former Senate aide charged with doxxing Republican senators and extorting a witness reached a plea deal with federal prosecutors in Washington after his wealthy and well-connected family brought in experts to talk about his mental health and the private supervision they could provide him.

A judge signaled that Jackson Cosko had allegedly taken large quantities of sensitive information from the Senate, but banned media from hearing the details. A hearing had been scheduled for Thursday, but on Tuesday, the court canceled it and indicated that a deal had been struck behind the scenes. A plea agreement hearing, where the deal is to be officially signed, was set for April 5.

</snip>

“I own EVERYTHING,” Cosko told a Hassan aide who caught him in the act, according to prosecutors. “If you tell anyone I will leak it all. Emails, signal conversations, gmails.”

Information revealed in court since then suggested that might not have been a bluff. U.S. District Judge Thomas Hogan on Jan. 24 said Cosko allegedly possessed terabytes of information, including Senate data so sensitive that it could not be discussed in open court.

“He downloaded more information than was originally understood. There is no combination of conditions that could ensure the safety of the community,” Hogan said in December 2018.

</snip>

Try him for espionage and hang him.. what a P***ified nation we have become... 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Smart.  With the shitstorm Kavanaugh went through, imagine how much worse it would have been with accusations of "Stealing a woman's seat on the bench" piled on top.

For a moron Trump is no dummy.