President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

.Well, it turns out that Vox has actually got some pretty stiff competition.

Slate: Hold my beer.

The Supreme Court is a historically regressive and presently expendable institution: https://slate.trib.al/MFrq5TK

Funny.........I didn't read this from 2009 - 2016

Political Cartoons by AL Goodwyn

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Magox said:

It's not just the Senate seats where there has been a decisive movement towards the GOP but even in a number of house seats.  Kavanaugh has propelled the GOP, at least for the time being.

The way I'm reading the tea leaves now, I think the likely ceiling for the dems in the house is +15 seats - but even that may be an optimistic outlook. 

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The way I'm reading the tea leaves now, I think the likely ceiling for the dems in the house is +15 seats - but even that may be an optimistic outlook. 

It's really, really important to retain the chairmanships in the House for investigative reasons and in the Senate for appointees. A lot of good work could be swept under the rug if the dems gain control.

9 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

How the left distributes lies...

KavanaughNativeAmerican.png

Literally none of that is true, yet 20,000 shares later...

From your link:

Let’s take a look at its errors, or at least the first four biggies:

1. Brakebill was not Justice Kavanaugh’s first ruling. If you so much as glance at the Court’s opinion, it’s hard to miss its second sentence: “JUSTICE KAVANAUGH took no part in the consideration or decision of this application.”

2. The vote was not 5 to 4, but 6 to 2. Liberal Justices Sotomayor and Breyer joined with the four conservatives.

3. Justice Ginsburg’s dissent contains no language even remotely like that put within quotation marks here. Her tone is technical rather than indignant, and she does not challenge anyone’s motives as illegitimate.

4. The Court did not issue a decision upholding the laws. It was a denial of an application to vacate a stay, not a ruling on the merits.

And we haven’t even gotten to the merits! Three and a half days after posting, its author has not seen fit to correct any of his errors.

Here’s a rule of thumb about social media: the more anger, the less accuracy. More on viral junk and thinking before you share here.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's really, really important to retain the chairmanships in the House for investigative reasons and in the Senate for appointees. A lot of good work could be swept under the rug if the dems gain control.

It's absolutely important to retain the House for the reasons you stated. 

But remember even if they don't, Huber and Sessions' work has nothing to do with who controls the House. The House, since it cannot prosecute or do anything other than refer and hear testimony, is important for the PR and exposure of the details/facts/evidence which pave the way for the Huber/Sessions hammer. If the dems take the House, it will make it much rockier, but won't stop what's coming. 

:beer: 

20 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

From your link:

Let’s take a look at its errors, or at least the first four biggies:

1. Brakebill was not Justice Kavanaugh’s first ruling. If you so much as glance at the Court’s opinion, it’s hard to miss its second sentence: “JUSTICE KAVANAUGH took no part in the consideration or decision of this application.”

2. The vote was not 5 to 4, but 6 to 2. Liberal Justices Sotomayor and Breyer joined with the four conservatives.

3. Justice Ginsburg’s dissent contains no language even remotely like that put within quotation marks here. Her tone is technical rather than indignant, and she does not challenge anyone’s motives as illegitimate.

4. The Court did not issue a decision upholding the laws. It was a denial of an application to vacate a stay, not a ruling on the merits.

And we haven’t even gotten to the merits! Three and a half days after posting, its author has not seen fit to correct any of his errors.

Here’s a rule of thumb about social media: the more anger, the less accuracy. More on viral junk and thinking before you share here.

I actually tracked down that person on Facebook and read the comments, and a lot of people who follow him are explaining to him that he's spreading false information, and there is another contingent arguing it doesn't matter because Kav would have voted that way anyway. And the OP is basically telling people to F off, it doesn't matter.

Typical unhinged leftists. Truth is irrelevant. Just tell a lie often enough...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I actually tracked down that person on Facebook and read the comments, and a lot of people who follow him are explaining to him that he's spreading false information, and there is another contingent arguing it doesn't matter because Kav would have voted that way anyway. And the OP is basically telling people to F off, it doesn't matter.

They've been sold a bad bill of goods. Identity politics mixed with a "Trump's a Nazi who's going to round up everyone" = angry and lost souls who have no use for logic, truth, or reason.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I'm not sure how far back this "lying is ok" has been going on with the dems, but when Harry Reid came out with his lies about Romney and then excused them by saying "they worked, didn't they" I was shocked that there wasn't a big outcry. I'm not naïve and know that thisshit goes on behind the scenes all the time but to publicly and non abashedly take pride in it is shameful. I hate these disingenuous phucks with a passion.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

I'm not sure how far back this "lying is ok" has been going on with the dems, but when Harry Reid came out with his lies about Romney and then excused them by saying "they worked, didn't they" I was shocked that there wasn't a big outcry. I'm not naïve and know that thisshit goes on behind the scenes all the time but to publicly and non abashedly take pride in it is shameful. I hate these disingenuous phucks with a passion.

While true, let's keep it 100 - the lies cross party lines (historically). The uni-party made liars out of both red and blue politicians throughout the years... 

:beer: 

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

The Democrats have already said that they're going to tie the House up in frivolous investigations of Trump if they take the House.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

The Democrats have already said that they're going to tie the House up in frivolous investigations of Trump if they take the House.

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Right, that's why we don't want them to take over the House or Senate.

A Democrat takeover of the House would be a gift to Trump's re-election

11 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

A Democrat takeover of the House would be a gift to Trump's re-election

True, but I'd rather Congress (as a whole) continue its currently-sluggish path of getting some things done.

The House (intentionally to #resist) isn't going to do schiff if the Democrats take the gavel.

Edited by Koko78

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

True, but I'd rather Congress (as a whole) continue its currently-sluggish path of getting some things done.

The House (intentionally to #resist) isn't going to do schiff if the Democrats take the gavel.

Even if the Democrats don't take control of the House they are are going to pick up seats.  In the minority they will do all they can do to obstruct (hey, where have we heard that before).

The next Congress is going to be a circus.  Voters have a short attention span and will punish whoever is running the sideshow

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Even if the Democrats don't take control of the House they are are going to pick up seats.  In the minority they will do all they can do to obstruct (hey, where have we heard that before).

The next Congress is going to be a circus.  Voters have a short attention span and will punish whoever is running the sideshow

If they don't take the House, it doesn't matter - unless the GOP has some rebellious members.