President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

22 minutes ago, snafu said:

This thread has been seriously fantastic from begging to end. It has touched on so many topics and has been entertaining and enlightening. Easily one of the best PPP threads going. 

Always interesting going back and looking at the start of a thread like this.

This post was damn near spookily prophetic, given where we are now.

On 7/6/2018 at 8:22 PM, DC Tom said:

These buffoons, in 12 years, have managed to warp our system of government to one of strict one-party, winner-take-all rule where legislation is by executive fiat and judicial review, and justice by mob rule

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Always interesting going back and looking at the start of a thread like this.

This post was damn near spookily prophetic, given where we are now.

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

On July 6, 2018 at 8:22 PM, DC Tom said:

These buffoons, in 12 years, have managed to warp our system of government to one of strict one-party, winner-take-all rule where legislation is by executive fiat and judicial review, and justice by mob rule. 

Your quote is one of the reasons why I argued against continuing with a Dem President Beyond Obama ( aside from many other reasons). There was an unhealthy (shove it down everyone's throat) march toward normalizing progressivism. I'd argue that "mob rule" then was SJW outbursts.  Now, out of power, progressives need to resort to attempted mob rule -- and "old school" moderates are being shoved further to the left. The groupthink drumbeat is constantly pushed by the media to the point that youre made to feel as though you're a nut if you just want the rule of law to prevail. A sorry state of affairs.

And how !@#$ing prophetic was Hatch's tweet?

On 8/21/2018 at 1:04 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Whoever is running Hatch's social media accounts has been killing it lately. Go back through his timeline, there are some hilarious gems in there (said from someone who doesn't love Mr. Hatch)

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, snafu said:

Your quote is one of the reasons why I argued against continuing with a Dem President Beyond Obama ( aside from many other reasons). There was an unhealthy (shove it down everyone's throat) march toward normalizing progressivism. I'd argue that "mob rule" then was SJW outbursts.  Now, out of power, progressives need to resort to attempted mob rule -- and "old school" moderates are being shoved further to the left. The groupthink drumbeat is constantly pushed by the media to the point that youre made to feel as though you're a nut if you just want the rule of law to prevail. A sorry state of affairs.

Many of them have never lost an election. They came of voting age with Obama, so now they throw tantrums when they lose.

They are out of their minds. I'm surrounded by them, and they have completely unrealistic expectations. They have never been spanked, so now it seems, only a punch will work.

I have a 15 yr old daughter. She and her peers consider the SJWs to be a joke. These are Latino teens. They have grown up on the internet, and are savvy to trolling. They see through the whole ridiculous put on, and aren't afraid to mock it.

Edited by OJ Tom

14 hours ago, DC Tom said:

If she can hold out that long, that's when RBG will retire.  Just after the conventions in 2020, to test that.

I don't see her leaving that up to chance as Republicans will argue the Biden rule only applies to a Senate controlled by the party opposite of the president.  She also recently said she plans to serve at least five more years.

12 hours ago, Doc said:

I'm sure the D's were pressuring her to retire under Barry.  Now that she's become (more and/or overtly) partisan, she just might do it if the Presidency and Senate flip in 2020.

She was concerned Obama wouldn't nominate somebody as liberal as her.  Obama never did anything to press the issue either.

29 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

She is not going to make it through 5 more years. C'mon.

You'd be surprised how motivation, keeping your mind occupied, and hatred can extend a life.  I give her a 50/50 chance.

46 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You'd be surprised how motivation, keeping your mind occupied, and hatred can extend a life.  I give her a 50/50 chance.

This.  The women in my family all live to be 100 despite things like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer ravaging my genealogy.  Spite gets you a lot of time because even Death himself doesn't want to be around you.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

my question would be at what point can they say she's no longer a fit mind in able to participate in the responsibilities of her job. Her law clerks already do everything for her

The way I see it she's damn near physically disabled in a way that's has affected her ability to participate in the court proceedings

Edited by Boyst62

I've been checking out the polling for the Senate races post the Kavanaugh debacle from the Democrats.

Holy crap.  Every single poll has moved in the R's direction and decisively.

Heidkamp is down double digits

Heller who had been losing every single poll in Nevada is now up in the last 2 polls.

McSally up 6 in the last poll over Sinema in Arizona 

Cruz now up 9 and pulling away from Beto in Tx.

Marshburn up 8 in TN.  

Even other Democrats who were favored to win and most likely still will are having their leads cut in margin.

It's clear that at this moment, R's have definitely galvanized their support.

Heck even Fox news viewership has absolutely demolished MSNBC and CNN since Kavanaugh.

This was a huge miscalculation by the Dems.  At least so it appears at the moment

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Magox said:

I've been checking out the polling for the Senate races post the Kavanaugh debacle from the Democrats.

Holy crap.  Every single poll has moved in the R's direction and decisively.

Heidkamp is down double digits

Heller who had been losing every single poll in Nevada is now up in the last 2 polls.

McSally up 6 in the last poll over Sinema in Arizona 

Cruz now up 9 and pulling away from Beto in Tx.

Marshburn up 8 in TN.  

Even other Democrats who were favored to win and most likely still will are having their leads cut in margin.

It's clear that at this moment, R's have definitely galvanized their support.

Heck even Fox news viewership has absolutely demolished MSNBC and CNN since Kavanaugh.

This was a huge miscalculation by the Dems.  At least so it appears at the moment

The interesting thing is to see whether or not they can keep that enthusiasm up for the next 3.5 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

The Kavanaugh saga shows we have not yet plumbed the depths of Democratic ruthlessness
Washington Post, by Marc A. Thiessen

Original Article

President Trump apologized to Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh and his family for the “terrible pain and suffering” they endured during his confirmation process, declaring that “what happened to the Kavanaugh family violates every notion of fairness, decency and due process.” Democrats seem to be taking the opposite lesson from the Kavanaugh fight. 

As Politico recently tweeted, “After failing to stop Kavanaugh’s confirmation, Democrats wonder if it’s time to be more ruthless.” More ruthless? There are a lot of reasons the effort to stop Kavanaugh failed, but a lack of ruthlessness is not one of them. 

“Kavanaugh’s confirmation is not popular: In [a Politico/Morning Consult] poll, which was conducted after last week’s Senate vote, 46 percent of voters said the Senate ‘made the wrong decision’ in approving the controversial judge, while 40 percent said it was right to elevate him to the high court.  And following the GOP-led effort to push through his nomination, enthusiasm among Democratic voters has surged. More than 3 in 4 Democrats (77 percent) say they are ‘very motivated’ to turn out and vote in the midterms — more than the 68 percent of Republicans who say they’re ‘very motivated.’ ” 

Alright! 

Justice Brett Kavanaugh isn't letting his first week on the High Court throw him off his routine, not when it comes to charity, anyway.

The newly confirmed Supreme Court Justice slipped on a ball cap and rubber gloves to dish out meals to the homeless Wednesday in Washington, D.C. 

1011-brett-kavanaugh-rex-9.jpg

Kavanaugh was working with Catholic Charities to help feed people in need.

Cynics might see this is as a blatant attempt at image repair after the nightmare of his confirmation hearing, but the truth is ... this appears to be a regular thing for him. The Justice was also seen serving up grub to the homeless back in July with the same organization. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3