President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

36 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Six years ago I couldn't have imagined myself saying stuff like that.  We're well beyond the norm now.

I read your comments when you first posted them and was surprised by your take. I'm surprised by Magox's comments too. We all know that your take is the wrong way to go no matter how pleasing it would be. It would be like running up the score on the Cheatriots when we already have a 6 touchdown lead. On second thought, maybe you guys are right.  

On 9/28/2018 at 10:23 PM, LABillzFan said:

While I recognize this is wishful thinking, the idea of Trump putting up Barrett to replace RBG is just too funny. Everyone knows she can barely keep her head up at this point. Does anyone really think she can make it another six years? 

The left will puke themselves like a South Park character and it will be glorious to watch these condescending, hypocritical nutbags go full Libtard like nothing we've ever seen.

Don't worry. DiChi is ready for Barrett.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

If she can hold out that long, that's when RBG will retire.  Just after the conventions in 2020, to test that.

I would say it's going to depend, very heavily, on the political climate and the behavior of the left until that time.

If they keep behaving like this, or worse, punish them; because you can't reward them for what they're doing.

If, though I'm not at all hopeful, they can begin to act like a sane opposition party, and can engage without threats of violence or worse, then proceed without advancing a nomination.

47 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

If she can hold out that long, that's when RBG will retire.  Just after the conventions in 2020, to test that.

She'd probably wait until the election to see who wins, and if the D's get the presidency and Senate, she'll retire.

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

She'd probably wait until the election to see who wins, and if the D's get the presidency and Senate, she'll retire.

I have to admit, I can't stand her as a justice, but you have to respect her spunk and strength. At 85, she lost her husband a few years ago and I have to admit, were I in her shoes, I probably wouldn't want to retire either, knowing it's all downhill after that since what is left to live for?

2 minutes ago, Cinga said:

I have to admit, I can't stand her as a justice, but you have to respect her spunk and strength. At 85, she lost her husband a few years ago and I have to admit, were I in her shoes, I probably wouldn't want to retire either, knowing it's all downhill after that since what is left to live for?

Back issues of Mad Magazine and Popular Mechanics? Boxes of Bon-Bons? Dates with a Tango instructor? Parties at Chippendales? :unsure: 

11 minutes ago, Cinga said:

I'm sure the D's were pressuring her to retire under Barry.  Now that she's become (more and/or overtly) partisan, she just might do it if the Presidency and Senate flip in 2020.

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm sure the D's were pressuring her to retire under Barry.  Now that she's become (more and/or overtly) partisan, she just might do it if the Presidency and Senate flip in 2020.

If the Republicans hold the Senate, I could see a move to get Clarence Thomas to take one for the team in 2019

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

If the Republicans hold the Senate, I could see a move to get Clarence Thomas to take one for the team in 2019

Ginsberg (85) and Breyer (80) should consider hanging it up in the next couple years before Thomas (70)

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

Heitkamp Opposed Kavanaugh Due to His ‘Body Language’ at Hearing

I look forward to watching her concession speech with the sound off.

Her Kavanaugh vote was her concession speech

She's down enough in the polls where she has to start considering which Leftist lobbyist, PAC, or other candidate she can latch onto in January

5 hours ago, Cinga said:

Well if we're admitting stuff, she's an individual who aspired to greatness and saw it through.  The odds of a poor girl from a Jewish family, born along the Appalachian trail, raised in poverty with scoliosis that was left untreated, her father a raging alcoholic and her mother a barker in a traveling show becoming a Supreme Court justice were astronomical. 

• Like (+1) 5