President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING, BESIDES EVERYONE WITH A BRAIN? 

Human resources study shows a stunning unintended backlash to the ‘Me Too’ movement.

“There were men who specifically said I will not hire a woman going forward,” he explained.

“Those who said they would hire a woman said they would not travel with one, and they, more importantly they would not engage in activities after business hours,” Taylor added.

“And you know oftentimes, that’s when the relationships are built,” he continued, “after hours dinners with clients, et cetera, trips, I’m a lawyer for example, and you know, you’re the associate, and the partner won’t travel with you for fear that it could be perceived, or he could be subject to a sexual harassment claim.”

Give it another year or two - then the gender discrimination lawsuits start.

Ya right

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) said Tuesday that he would not allow a Supreme Court vacancy to be filled in 2020, a position that puts him at odds with the Senate’s top Republican on an issue that has inflamed partisan tensions for more than two years.

In an interview with Fox News Channel’s Martha MacCallum, Grassley was asked whether he believes the Senate should take up a hypothetical Supreme Court nomination during 2020, when President Trump will be up for reelection.

“If I’m chairman, they won’t take it up,” said Grassley, whose committee is charged with holding hearings on Supreme Court nominees. “No, because I pledged that in 2016, that if the ball’s the same as it is. Now, if somebody else is the chairman of the committee, they’ll have to decide for themselves. But that’s a decision I made a long time ago.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/grassley-says-he-would-not-allow-supreme-court-vacancy-to-be-filled-in-2020/2018/10/09/7e5f5e72-cc22-11e8-920f-dd52e1ae4570_story.html?utm_term=.01dd5b54f3dd

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Would be fair.

I hope he changes his tune if the chips fall that way.  !@#$ playing fair, the left gave that up long ago.  Elections have consequences. 

12 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I hope Trump gets to have at least two more Supreme Court Associate Justices put on the bench. 

RGB and CT are likely to leave in the not-too-distant future. :thumbsup:

The rabid left will declare RBG's departure from this world an act of Republican treachery and will call out its minions to block the streets and runways in DC in protest.  Hillary's eventual demise will also be blamed on the right as an assassination akin to the old Soviet days when a leader fell out of favor with the KGB and ruling class thus eventually falling to "poor health."

32 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I hope Trump gets to have at least two more Supreme Court Associate Justices put on the bench. 

RGB and CT are likely to leave in the not-too-distant future. :thumbsup:

That would just call for a court packing bill by the Democrats 

Heitkamp Opposed Kavanaugh Due to His ‘Body Language’ at Hearing

Senator Heidi Heitkamp (D., N.D.) said on Monday that she had been prepared to support Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation until she viewed his testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee with the sound turned off in order to focus on his “body language.”

Heitkamp, a red-state Democrat who was under significant pressure to back Kavanaugh as she faces a challenge from Republican congressman Kevin Cramer in the midterms, said she ordered her staff to draft a statement announcing her support for the nominee but reversed herself after detecting “rage” in his testimony.

“I was concerned about these allegations but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt,” Heitkamp told CNN in an interview.

“It’s something I do,” she added, explaining why she watched the hearing without volume. “We communicate not only with words, but with our body language and demeanor. I saw somebody who was very angry, who was very nervous, and I saw rage that a lot of people said, ‘Well, of course you’re going to see rage; he’s being falsely accused.’ But it is at all times you’re to acquit yourself with a demeanor that’s becoming of the Court.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/heidi-heitkamp-opposed-brett-kavanaugh-due-to-his-body-language-at-hearing/

I look forward to watching her concession speech with the sound off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Note: Staffer, not intern. On her payroll. Perhaps we should look into who told Cosko to do this?

Intern?  I guess somebody screwed up on that mission.  Wonder if he will get depressed and end it all (if you know where I am going with this)?

2 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

I hope he changes his tune if the chips fall that way.  !@#$ playing fair, the left gave that up long ago.  Elections have consequences. 

In normal times I'd disagree with you but the literal character assassination attempts of Kavanaugh, the despicable mob-like protests and the rhetoric coming from a number of Democrats and the fact that they are openly opining in wanting to pack the courts with more judges says !@#$ that!!

I haven't been this pissed in a very long time.  This **** has got me revved the !@#$ up.

• Like (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Intern?  I guess somebody screwed up on that mission.  Wonder if he will get depressed and end it all (if you know where I am going with this)?

Multiple self inflicted gunshots to the back of the head?

Edited by bdutton

23 minutes ago, Magox said:

In normal times I'd disagree with you but the literal character assassination attempts of Kavanaugh, the despicable mob-like protests and the rhetoric coming from a number of Democrats and the fact that they are openly opining in wanting to pack the courts with more judges says !@#$ that!!

I haven't been this pissed in a very long time.  This **** has got me revved the !@#$ up.

Six years ago I couldn't have imagined myself saying stuff like that.  We're well beyond the norm now.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Heitkamp Opposed Kavanaugh Due to His ‘Body Language’ at Hearing

Senator Heidi Heitkamp (D., N.D.) said on Monday that she had been prepared to support Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation until she viewed his testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee with the sound turned off in order to focus on his “body language.”

Heitkamp, a red-state Democrat who was under significant pressure to back Kavanaugh as she faces a challenge from Republican congressman Kevin Cramer in the midterms, said she ordered her staff to draft a statement announcing her support for the nominee but reversed herself after detecting “rage” in his testimony.

“I was concerned about these allegations but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt,” Heitkamp told CNN in an interview.

“It’s something I do,” she added, explaining why she watched the hearing without volume. “We communicate not only with words, but with our body language and demeanor. I saw somebody who was very angry, who was very nervous, and I saw rage that a lot of people said, ‘Well, of course you’re going to see rage; he’s being falsely accused.’ But it is at all times you’re to acquit yourself with a demeanor that’s becoming of the Court.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/heidi-heitkamp-opposed-brett-kavanaugh-due-to-his-body-language-at-hearing/

I look forward to watching her concession speech with the sound off.

I caught a video of her practicing it. 

giphy.gif