President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So, there was no story, but the New Yorker ran it anyway?

Please read every word of this article. If you need any more evidence that the assault on Kavanaugh's character has turned journalists into advocates with no interest in the basic standards of source credibility, it's here.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Please read every word of this article. If you need any more evidence that the assault on Kavanaugh's character has turned journalists into advocates with no interest in the basic standards of source credibility, it's here.

In journalism's defense, the New Yorker was never journalism.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Even the GOP prosecutor there in the Senate made a strong argument that that was a terrible place to conduct such a investigation. She had five minute sound bite answers, as per the rules. 

Senator Durbin (after doing his best Rick Lazio impersonation), said that the Senate weren't investigators.  The FBI is.  "Let them do their job".  Now they did.  Now you're saying they're not good investigators?  Are you saying the FBI doesn't know what it's doing?  Sounds un-American to me.  Are the Ds back to hating the FBI again. It's hard to keep track.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

So, I'm having a hard time keeping up with democrat statements/beliefs...............October 4th

We don't believe the FBI again ?

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Senator Durbin (after doing his best Rick Lazio impersonation), said that the Senate weren't investigators.  The FBI is.  "Let them do their job".  Now they did.  Now you're saying they're not good investigators?  Are you saying the FBI doesn't know what it's doing?  Sounds un-American to me.  Are the Ds back to hating the FBI again. It's hard to keep track.

Just in time for the FISA report and Wray's FBI to announce the findings of their investigations into the Dem/Russian collusion.

Just heard from two Hill sources I trust, GOP leadership believes they have got at least 51 without Pence. They think Manchin is a yes as is Flake which would push it to 53. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

It reminds me of the BS around Clinton smoking pot.  Who freakin’ cares?

I actually was watching the interview when Bill said he smoked marijuana but didn't inhale. I decided at that point I would NEVER vote for him.  That's a waste of perfectly good weed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/briefing/Investigations.htm

7 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

They can only follow their marching orders, right? 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I actually was watching the interview when Bill said he smoked marijuana but didn't inhale. I decided at that point I would NEVER vote for him.  That's a waste of perfectly good weed.

Right?  Tell me you want to be President while admitting you’re too stupid to breathe in.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

This is bull ****.

The Democrats in the Senate (and elsewhere) are legitimizing a process of character assassination as politics.

A good man and his family have been destroyed, intentionally, by lies.

The people perpetrating these lies need to, and hopefully will, be prosecuted, including Dr. Ford.

They must not, under any circumstances, be treated with kid gloves.

What the Democrats are doing is unacceptable, and will lead to violence in our streets.

It has already directly led to two assassination attempts and the assault of a member of Congress.

I think the President can discuss the concerns you have expressed without acting in the way he did, but he doesn't have the emotional intelligence to do so. I am not as dialed into the situation as most on this forum, but as I said, I suspect that is the norm. What a lot of people see is both sides pointing out the lies of the other side, and maybe not being sure who to believe. For the President to go on the attack in the manner he did was disgusting, but he is a disgusting man, so it is not shocking.

Just now, Buddy Hix said:

I think the President can discuss the concerns you have expressed without acting in the way he did, but he doesn't have the emotional intelligence to do so. I am not as dialed into the situation as most on this forum, but as I said, I suspect that is the norm. What a lot of people see is both sides pointing out the lies of the other side, and maybe not being sure who to believe. For the President to go on the attack in the manner he did was disgusting, but he is a disgusting man, so it is not shocking.

Going on the attack is what Trump does. It's the only way to counter the actions of a complicit media complex who have been on the attack (as you would say, viciously) since the day he got elected. If you think more people are turned off by it than are awoken to the titled playing field created by the establishment media, you are already forgetting the lessons of 2016. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Looking for a cut up of cocaine Mitch's speech this morning, it's worth a watch (as is Schumer's for comparison)... will find it and post it at some point.

Cocaine Mitch has been an incredible spokesman for this sham.  That's the first time I think I ever heard him get choked up and as emotional as he was.   

I think his anger and others is a true reflection of how conservatives, libertarians, moderate R's feel about this.  It has united 98% of all the spectrums of the right and people are furious

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, Magox said:

Cocaine Mitch has been an incredible spokesman for this sham.  That's the first time I think I ever heard him get choked up and as emotional as he was.   

I think his anger and others is a true reflection of how conservatives, libertarians, moderate R's feel about this.  It has united 98% of all the spectrums of the right and people are furious

Agreed, and I've never been all that impressed with Mitch in the past. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Going on the attack is what Trump does. It's the only way to counter the actions of a complicit media complex who have been on the attack (as you would say, viciously) since the day he got elected. If you think more people are turned off by it than are awoken to the titled playing field created by the establishment media, you are already forgetting the lessons of 2016. 

I think more victims of sexual assault will be silent. I don't think Trump's base will shrink, they elected a man who lies, cheats and admits to sexually assaulting women. This is America now.