President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I realize that, but it was an irrational scare tactic used at the time.  Obama was going to convene a panel to decide who lives and dies.

I never heard it described that way.

What I heard, and read, was that under the ACA and other systems of universal care, unaccountable government bureaucrats, and doctors working under the direct guidance of said bureaucrats under guidance of the law, would be empaneled to make care decisions related to end of life based on the rationing of care and resources being more effectively administered to people who were not old or sick.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I never heard it described that way.

What I heard, and read, was that under the ACA and other systems of universal care, unaccountable government bureaucrats, and doctors working under the direct guidance of said bureaucrats under guidance of the law, would be empaneled to make care decisions related to end of life based on the rationing of care and resources being more effectively administered to people who were not old or sick.

And there's been two very high profile cases of this in Europe just in the last year.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Looking great for Dems.

You need to vary your sources more, if you think Democrats don't see this as a win.

They saw the 2016 election as a win as well.

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

Not to sound insensitive but do we really care about a teenage encounter form 36 years ago?  Copping a feel on a clothed girl?  It could have mattered then.  Now it's the kind of stuff that even women probably look back upon and laugh. 

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

This is my thought whenever I hear about this.  What does this matter?  It was 36 years ago, we all did stupid things of various natures as teenagers.  Even if he did do this, what does this matter?  He has no one else coming forward saying he is a predator and even has many women colleagues saying he was a stand up guy.  This is much ado about nothing, it's grandstanding at it's worse, its just to slow it down in hopes of keeping the nomination in the air while the dems try to get more seats.  It's just sickening. 

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

well, just to be somewhat of the devils advocate here, to put it in somewhat of a different light.

it should matter to some degree if he did do it.

i might posit that we have moved so far away from a center of moral values that we now consider it okay to have commited transgressions at some point in our lives. and yes, while everyone makes mistakes and should be entitled to a second chance, it is not that long ago that impropriety of any sort in ones history was frowned upon.  today, especially within our elite puppets, it seems as if that type of thing no longer matters. is there one of them that hasn't had some moral faux pa in their past?  i think perhaps that the expectation is that the last vestage of our morality may be contained within the highest court in the land. it certainly isn't within the Presidency any longer and hasn't been for sometime now. i get the irony however, of them complaining about something they all give passes to amongst their peers.

i dunno, i guess i am just old fashioned and believe that all of our leaders should be men and women of impeccable standards. maybe if we did not let go of that ideal long ago and we held them to that standard, as a society we would not be where we are today.

Indulging the Dems would start a horrible precedent of allowing any wholly unsubstantiated claim to destroy a person's character, occupation, and maybe life.  She can't remember when and where the party took place, how she got there and left (she was obviously drunk), how many boys were there, and she told no one about it until decades later.  It also sends the message that you are not allowed to make even one mistake, even as a drunk teenager (but hey, as an adult, you can rape women and be elected president!), as no other women has come forward. 

Maybe she needs to have a “full investigation” into the “facts” of the matter so she can reacquaint herself with them. You know, like time, date, and place; others present at the party, her-attorney’s-administrated lie detector questions, and a transcript of her confessions to her Psycho The Rapist. 

Edited by Nanker

17 minutes ago, Foxx said:

lunacy from Jennifer Rubin and WaPo;

Republicans, be forewarned: Kavanaugh’s accuser has options

you know, because facts don't matter. only matters what we can make the public perceive.

I've known Jennifer Rubin is a Dem in RINO clothing for a very long time.

It's only through this article I've learned what a complete dumbass she is.

Jennifer, even a little guy like me knows this is not a federal case, and trying to get the FBI to investigate a non-federal issue from 30 years is not just stupid, it's dangerous.

If you're going to keep showing your ignorance, please tell the media to stop referring to you as anything other than a Democrat.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

They saw the 2016 election as a win as well.

Indulging the Dems would start a horrible precedent of allowing any wholly unsubstantiated claim to destroy a person's character, occupation, and maybe life.  She can't remember when and where the party took place, how she got there and left (she was obviously drunk), how many boys were there, and she told no one about it until decades later.  It also sends the message that you are not allowed to make even one mistake, even as a drunk teenager (but hey, as an adult, you can rape women and be elected president!), as no other women has come forward. 

And to jump on this bandwagon just for a moment, it is 100% plausible to me that zealots on the left or right would set a series of events in motion to plan for the future...as in, go to see a therapist, "reveal" something traumatic from decades before, leaving details hazy enough (four white men) from somewhere (elite school), at some time did something bad enough to be traumatic but not so bad as to have prompted a criminal complaint.  Include a husband in the meeting, he'll verify everything, toss in the obligatory "therapist f'd up the notes", sit and wait for a white guy from the elite school to pop up on the radar for something he needs to be taken out for and you're good to go.

I'm today's world, those in power quickly run with "she must be believed" and bull$t theories like 'experts agree on 2-10% of victims make these things up....like you could have hard scientific data to support something like this.  

What a disgrace. I've said it before and it's on point here again. American politicians and entrenched beaurocrats impact the outcome of American elections more than any Russian spy ever could, and they get away with it. 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

I seriously wonder how many death threats Kavanaugh has received.  And if the rate has increased since last Thursday.

He's a male who clearly was alive during the 5 year period that his accuser knows between 1 and 4 people assaulted her. As she must be believed, it's pretty clear he's a sexual predator so death threats are to be expected. Heck if he's a real sicko death play might even be his kink. 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Heck if he's a real sicko death play might even be his kink. 

Wouldn't surprise me.  I've heard at least two women come forth in the past week and credibly accuse Kavanaugh of killing them and dumping their bodies in the Potomac back in 1985...

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Cory has a bad memory.  In 1992, he claims to have been hearing the theme from Top Gun in 1984, when the movie didn't come out until 1986:

“New Year's Eve 1984 I will never forget. I was 15. As the ball dropped, I leaned over to hug a friend and she met me instead with an overwhelming kiss. As we fumbled upon the bed, I remember debating my next 'move' as if it were a chess game,” Booker wrote in the student-run Stanford Daily newspaper in 1992.

“With the 'Top Gun' slogan ringing in my head, I slowly reached for her breast. After having my hand pushed away once, I reached my 'mark,’” he continued, without explaining what he meant by “mark.”

• Haha (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

He's a male who clearly was alive during the 5 year period that his accuser knows between 1 and 4 people assaulted her. As she must be believed, it's pretty clear he's a sexual predator so death threats are to be expected. Heck if he's a real sicko death play might even be his kink. 

brian-williams-feature-meme.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2