President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

13 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Anybody catching this grandstanding? 

Women speaking being angry is never, ever a winning point.

Something so simple as a maternal Freudian psychobabble reason or just simply you hear a cackling hen like her and just can't take it.  It's amazing when you see the psychological differences in children when encountering a positive gentle woman vs anything else.

God, I'd be so tempted to just tell her to shut up. 

3 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Not to sound insensitive but do we really care about a teenage encounter form 36 years ago?  Copping a feel on a clothed girl?  It could have mattered then.  Now it's the kind of stuff that even women probably look back upon and laugh. 

This is my thought whenever I hear about this.  What does this matter?  It was 36 years ago, we all did stupid things of various natures as teenagers.  Even if he did do this, what does this matter?  He has no one else coming forward saying he is a predator and even has many women colleagues saying he was a stand up guy.  This is much ado about nothing, it's grandstanding at it's worse, its just to slow it down in hopes of keeping the nomination in the air while the dems try to get more seats.  It's just sickening. 

Edited by HamSandwhich
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Not to sound insensitive but do we really care about a teenage encounter form 36 years ago?  Copping a feel on a clothed girl?  It could have mattered then.  Now it's the kind of stuff that even women probably look back upon and laugh. 

I don't know about laughing, but I definitely agree with wondering how much it actually does matter if it is real? I guess at this point the bigger issue would be that he lied about it. 

4 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

It doesn't matter if it happened or not.

It *could* have happened. Because stuff happened back then, so it only stands to reason that it happened with Kavanaugh. Guilt by association.

Unless your Keith Ellison. Then no one on the left cares. 

25 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

This is my thought whenever I hear about this.  What does this matter?  It was 36 years ago, we all did stupid things of various natures as teenagers.  Even if he did do this, what does this matter?  He has no one else coming forward saying he is a preditor and even has many women colleagues saying he was a stand up guy.  This is much ado about nothing, it's grandstanding at it's worse, its just to slow it down in hopes of keeping the nomination in the air while the dems try to get more seats.  It's just sickening. 

well, just to be somewhat of the devils advocate here, to put it in somewhat of a different light.

it should matter to some degree if he did do it.

i might posit that we have moved so far away from a center of moral values that we now consider it okay to have commited transgressions at some point in our lives. and yes, while everyone makes mistakes and should be entitled to a second chance, it is not that long ago that impropriety of any sort in ones history was frowned upon.  today, especially within our elite puppets, it seems as if that type of thing no longer matters. is there one of them that hasn't had some moral faux pa in their past?  i think perhaps that the expectation is that the last vestage of our morality may be contained within the highest court in the land. it certainly isn't within the Presidency any longer and hasn't been for sometime now. i get the irony however, of them complaining about something they all give passes to amongst their peers.

i dunno, i guess i am just old fashioned and believe that all of our leaders should be men and women of impeccable standards. maybe if we did not let go of that ideal long ago and we held them to that standard, as a society we would not be where we are today.

Edited by Foxx

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

well, just to be somewhat of the devils advocate here, to put it in somewhat of a different light.

it should matter to some degree if he did do it.

i might posit that we have moved so far away from a center of moral values that we now consider it okay to have commited transgressions at some point in our lives. and yes, while everyone makes mistakes and should be entitled to a second chance, it is not that long ago that impropriety of any sort in ones history was frowned upon.  today, especially within our elite puppets, it seems as if that type of thing no longer matters. is there one of them that hasn't had some moral faux pa in their past?  i think perhaps that the expectation that the last vestage of our morality may be contained within the highest court in the land. it certainly isn't within the Presidency any longer and hasn't been for sometime now. i get the irony however, of them complaining about something they all give passes to amongst their peers.

i dunno, i guess i am just old fashioned and believe that all of our leaders should be men and women of impeccable standards. maybe if did not let go of that ideal long ago and we held them to that standard, as a society we would not be where we are today.

What degree though?  He was a teenager, it was 36 years ago, everyone has skeletons.  Look in the mirror.  

1 minute ago, HamSandwhich said:

What degree though?  He was a teenager, it was 36 years ago, everyone has skeletons.  Look in the mirror.  

They have a pretty high standard for the Supreme Court over the years.  One guy had to withdraw his nomination during the Reagan administration because he smoked pot when he was younger.

6 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

sure, i have many skeletons in my closet. however, i am not seeking public office and that is the major difference.

i can't answer to what degree but i do know that it does matter. it goes to the moral fiber of a man. sure it may be miniscule if it was 30+ years ago and it was a one off incident. i don't have all the answers by far. i just know that it is not a perfect world we live in any longer.

Edited by Foxx

18 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

From that video, I honestly think its more posturing for the left.  They are trying to paint the picture that the republicans are misogynists to get the votes in the election.  They probably know this will not matter for Kavanaugh in the end.  

Everything's political.  I still remember the ACA death panel bs Republicans pushed for the '10 midterms.

14 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They have a pretty high standard for the Supreme Court over the years.  One guy had to withdraw his nomination during the Reagan administration because he smoked pot when he was younger.

That's also ridiculous.  I wonder what they would do today with that.  

13 minutes ago, Foxx said:

sure, i have many skeletons in my closet. however, i am not seeking public office and that is the major difference.

i can't answer to what degree but i do know that it does matter. it goes to the moral fiber of a man. sure it may be miniscule if it was 30+ years ago and it was a one off incident. i don't have all the answers by far. i just know that it is not a perfect world we live in any longer.

When was it ever? 

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Everything's political.  I still remember the ACA death panel bs Republicans pushed for the '10 midterms.

It's sickening.

17 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The "government death panels" wasn't inaccurate.

It's an ominous name used for political impact, but that they exist under systems of universal care is an absolute fact.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Christine Blasey Ford’s attorneys were listed as headliners at a DC fundraiser at their law firm for Tammy Baldwin, slated to occur Oct. 1. Invite was emailed this morning

This is beginning to stink to high heaven.

Attorneys are Democrat fundraisers.

Outside group running ads is headed by former Feinstein staffer.

You want to be fair, but getting harder to believe.

du26VX8P_bigger.jpgAri FleischerVerified account @AriFleischer 3h3 hours ago
Don't be surprised if Professor Ford continues her refusal to talk to the Judiciary Committee. Chairman Grassley will then announce a date for the vote. The night before the vote is to take place, Dr. Ford will say she is willing to speak, throwing the vote into chaos.

48 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

As told to me it's one or all of the following

1) I don't have kids so I don't get it

2) if I ever have a daughter I'd understand

3) I'm cro mag and just behind the times

4) I'm insensitive

5) not surprising because I'm a monster

6) I'm racist.

7 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The "death panels" wasn't inaccurate.

It's an ominous name used for political impact, but that they exist under systems of universal care is an absolute fact.

I realize that, but it was an irrational scare tactic used at the time.  Obama was going to convene a panel to decide who lives and dies.

27 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They have a pretty high standard for the Supreme Court over the years.  One guy had to withdraw his nomination during the Reagan administration because he wae a republican and smoked pot when he was younger.

Ftfy