They're bringing back In Search Of

You know.  The show from the 1970's usually seen on Saturday evenings back during the late 1970's.  The one hosted by Leonard Nimoy that talked about UFO's, paranormal phenomena, ancient civilizations, Bigfoot, etc.  Weird background music.

This one will be hosted by Zach Quinto who played Spock in the Abrams Star Trek movies so there is that continuity.  I wonder if there is enough new UFO material, new Bigfoot material, ,etc. to make a decent run today?  People were hungering to see such topics discussed back then.  Is there the same type of demand or will the material seem passe today?

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

That was a great show.   Good question, not sure it will have the same pull when kids are used to saying "Alexa, does Bigfoot exist?"

Yep, that was the only place to go if you wanted discussion on offbeat topics that I previously mentioned.  Even if you did not live in the middle of nowhere and had access to a public library back then there really was very little material to check out there.

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

The original was a cool show back in the day.

I'm afraid the new one will be dumbed down, and they'll have to stretch out the content by repeating snippets before and after breaks, etc.

Hopefully, not to The Men Who Made America extreme.

6 hours ago, KD in CA said:

That was a great show.   Good question, not sure it will have the same pull when kids are used to saying "Alexa, does Bigfoot exist?"

My theory is Alexa is dating Big Foot and she’s just going to cover for him so no one finds their little love nest. 

It’s just a theory....

• Like (+1) 1

• 5 weeks later...

I caught the first three episodes and wasn't impressed.  It's worth a binge but not a tune in next week show

Episode 1: Aliens.  Of course they have to do aliens.  spoiler alert

i appreciated how they interviewed the abductee and gave him a polygraph, which he failed

:lol:

I also got a laugh out of the self described chemist who found something in his foot.  He thinks its an alien probe, i think he stepped on a nail

Episode 2: Superhumans.  I got bored with this one after about 15 minutes

Episode 3: Monsters of the Deep.  They throw a shout out to one of our favorite terrors of sea, the Asian Carp

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I caught the first three episodes and wasn't impressed.  It's worth a binge but not a tune in next week show

Reveal hidden contents

i appreciated how they interviewed the abductee and gave him a polygraph, which he failed

I also got a laugh out of the self described chemist who found something in his foot.  He thinks its an alien probe, i think he stepped on a nail

Episode 3: Monsters of the Deep.  They throw a shout out to one of our favorite terrors of sea, the Asian Carp

LoL... I boated in Peoria... Babies, Snowflakes cry when they get hit in the head by a 50 pound silver carp bloody mess.  Wusses cry!

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Reveal hidden contents

You could have shortened your spoiler to "sitcom math".