RIP Duke of Bush’s Baked Beans

Just Jack

3 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

We have Golden #6, going back to '72.  His name is Lindy Ruff.  They are great dogs!  Vacuuming the house, and brushing him keeps me young!

Hey! I’m also on Golden #6. The current version is Gracie and I just can’t imagine a better dog (even considering the shedding!).

To fully disgust anyone who reads this, I had two of them at the same time in college living in a big house with 12 guys. We didn’t own a vacuum cleaner, but it was OK because the fur and all the spilled beer combined to make an entirely new surface that wasn’t carpet, or fur, or beer....but something you no longer had to worry about hurting. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Goldens really are a tough breed to beat.

So many good qualities.

Even the worst ones are like friends you can't help but like.  They always find a way to make you smile.

I think black labs might be my favorite...but goldens are an awfully close second.  

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Hey! I’m also on Golden #6. The current version is Gracie and I just can’t imagine a better dog (even considering the shedding!).

To fully disgust anyone who reads this, I had two of them at the same time in college living in a big house with 12 guys. We didn’t own a vacuum cleaner, but it was OK because the fur and all the spilled beer combined to make an entirely new surface that wasn’t carpet, or fur, or beer....but something you no longer had to worry about hurting. 

4 of the 6 were "rescue" dogs, and 3 of those were "seniors."  Found Lindy, online, in '09 at the Richmond SPCA.  They told me he was about 1 yr old.  I'm thinking he was a runaway, and nobody claimed him.  He was a handful, when he was young, but he's turned out to be the best of the 6. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

4 of the 6 were "rescue" dogs, and 3 of those were "seniors."  Found Lindy, online, in '09 at the Richmond SPCA.  They told me he was about 1 yr old.  I'm thinking he was a runaway, and nobody claimed him.  He was a handful, when he was young, but he's turned out to be the best of the 6. 

Blessings and good karma always to you and all 'shelter parents'.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I'm a fan of chinese shar-peis myself.

They quite literally housebreak themselves, and are smart enough to learn just about anything you throw at them.

That and they're incredibly loyal and loving toward their master.

....so, say it was a geometry textbook you threw.....oh, never mind. You should never throw anything at your dog, unless they thoroughly deserve it.