OT Orlando Pace - 7 Yr 52 Mil

Mark VI

We'll find out the answer soon.  Considering his SB is a LOT less than what he was shooting for, maybe it is a sign and trade deal.

276853[/snapback]

When the Poston's represented him, they wanted $25M+ up front. After Pace fired them, he said he would settle for something around $17M. This deal is in range of what Walter Jones received.

Jonas got what--$36 Million for 6 and $12 Million up front...for $10M more contract value (projecting Jonas to 7 years) and $3 Million more bonus--49ers could have had the best....

This deal is in range of what Walter Jones received.

276860[/snapback]

I think Walter Jones is far better. I watched several Rams games over the last couple of years. Pace was getting beat all too often and not doing much on running plays. Maybe the contract is based on past rep and the whole LT market ?

Glad the Bills aren't saddled with a cap killing contract like that.

I think Walter Jones is far better. I watched several Rams games over the last couple of years. Pace was getting beat all too often and not doing much on running plays. Maybe the contract is based on past rep and the whole LT market ?

276873[/snapback]

Sadly, I can see the NFL going into the NHL toilet sometime in the future. I kept track on a piece of paper last season, and marked over 35 commercials in the first half. The games have become very tiresome - I plan to record them next season, but since I'll probably know the outcome, it will be anticlimatic, and I might not bother viewing the recording.

The amount of money players are getting becomes increasingly offensive, so I expect in a few years I'll toss the NFL on the scrap heap with the rest of the professional sports.

276873[/snapback]

I would concur Mark.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned on this board a lot is how well Aaron Schobel played against Pace this year...6 Tackles & Assists and a couple of behind the line tackles on runs. He didn't fare as well against Jones from a stat standpoint but got good pressure all game.

Sadly, I can see the NFL going into the NHL toilet sometime in the future.  I kept track on a piece of paper last season, and marked over 35 commercials in the first half. The games have become very tiresome - I plan to record them next season, but since I'll probably know the outcome, it will be anticlimatic, and I might not bother viewing the recording.

The amount of money players are getting becomes increasingly offensive, so I expect in a few years I'll toss the NFL on the scrap heap with the rest of the professional sports.

276892[/snapback]

oh, poo. there's a salary cap. teams have to do things the right way or they won't be competitive. complaining about the $$ players earn is an old and tired argument. if you stop watching the NFL, they won't miss you.

oh, poo.  there's a salary cap.  teams have to do things the right way or they won't be competitive.  complaining about the $$ players earn is an old and tired argument.  if you stop watching the NFL, they won't miss you.

276913[/snapback]

I don't expect they will. But learn a bit about business - I'm not a lone voice....consider the NHL and the NBA situations.

I don't expect they will. But learn a bit about business - I'm not a lone voice....consider the NHL and the NBA situations.

276922[/snapback]

did you really just tell me to "learn a bit about business?"

aye caramba. kids these days; no manners at all. ;)

276873[/snapback]

IIRC, Pace also gave up a huge sack at a critical time in the Rams-Seahawks playoff game last year. It was an "OLE!" move, he looked really bad.