Ohh Boy..This Should be Interesting Richmond Va

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

BTW, i also agree that the causes of the Civil were complex..but to deny that slavery was the central issue that was driving division amongst the states I think is intellectually dishonest. States rights and economic uncertainty  all stemmed from the slavery issue.

I think it is though...it was kinda funny by Tom..and quite literally accurate

That he freed more slaves than Lincoln? Seriously? 

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yes, Lincoln never owned slaves..relax a bit, it is LITERALLY true...

It's silly. The guy who issued the EP freed a lot more slaves and didn't fight for the right of one man to own another. 

32 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I think you mean Henty Byrd, but i may be wrong.

Nope. Robert Byrd. Former Democratic Senator and House Leader.

Former KKK Recruiter.

The same Robert Byrd who wrote in 1944:  "I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."

A man who filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

The same racist piece of schitt whose name is on dozens of buildings, roads, bridges and highway systems throughout West Virginia.

But no one on the left WILL EVER  try to stomp on that dirt bag because they're too !@#$ stupid and hypocritical to do anything but what they are told to do.

So I say again, let me know when people are taking down Robert Byrd's name, and then I'll know you're all serious.

I'm beginning to think that it would be an excellent idea to start an initiative to save American history by proactively moving statues & memorials of heroes from both civil war era and the American revolution to museums for safekeeping.

Edited by Azalin
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Better than named after someone who wanted the Union dissolved no? I mean these dudes were fighting to keep slavery legal. I write this as i sit in Richmond VA watching the Bachelorette in Richmond VA!

Living in Richmond you should know better. You can make a reasonable argument that slavery was the primary cause of secession. Arguing that these guys went to war to preserve slavery is a stretch at best.

Secession =/= war.

9 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Better than named after someone who wanted the Union dissolved no? I mean these dudes were fighting to keep slavery legal. I write this as i sit in Richmond VA watching the Bachelorette in Richmond VA!

Irony thy name is you

Barack Obama is a traitor to this country

• Like (+1) 1