2018-2019 NBA Thread

On 10/21/2018 at 5:56 AM, Teddy KGB said:

Rondo punching CP3 in the face ???

Wish it was Harden instead 

Rondo and CP3 hate each other, right? CP3 is one of lebron’s banana boat buddies so not sure he will be too happy about that. That left hook tho from Rondo...

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rondo and CP3 hate each other, right? CP3 is one of lebron’s banana boat buddies so not sure he will be too happy about that. That left hook tho from Rondo...

Rondo spit on CP3. He's a POS. :thumbdown: Doc Rivers hated him when he was with Boston. 

On 10/20/2018 at 10:08 AM, JohnC said:

Don't get too comfortable with the Pelican star. It's going to be interesting to see how he and the Greek Freak in Milwaukee respond when their contracts are up. The big city and more media central teams such as LA (both teams), NY (both teams) and Boston compete for their talents. It is undeniable that both players' profiles and outside earnings would go up if they moved to these more economically prominent cities. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25029093/milwaukee-bucks-open-new-arena-win-see-contenders-east

I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Durant shopped the market now that he has some championships under his belt. 

Maybe it's just all being polite, but everything that Giannis has said for the past 4 or 5 years suggests that he doesn't really like big cities like LA, NY, etc. He says Milwaukee reminds him of his home back in Greece.

I'm a Bucks fan, and I'll probably continue to expect him to eventually leave until he retires, but we'll see. He's certainly said all the right things and it looks like they've finally found a real coach. The Bucks have looked fantastic so far this season.

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Maybe it's just all being polite, but everything that Giannis has said for the past 4 or 5 years suggests that he doesn't really like big cities like LA, NY, etc. He says Milwaukee reminds him of his home back in Greece.

I'm a Bucks fan, and I'll probably continue to expect him to eventually leave until he retires, but we'll see. He's certainly said all the right things and it looks like they've finally found a real coach. The Bucks have looked fantastic so far this season.

Both Davis and Giannis are great players. What is being said now in public doesn't mean that what will happen when their contracts are up and have an opportunity to be on the market are two different things. If you look around you will see that in the NBA the stars are more mobile than they once were. Durant left OKC to get some rings. It wouldn't be surprising that he will also check out the market once his contract runs out. If you asked the Spurs if they thought if Leonard would always be a Spur a couple of years ago they would have said yes. Player movement is simply part of the landscape in the NBA. 

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Both Davis and Giannis are great players. What is being said now in public doesn't mean that what will happen when their contracts are up and have an opportunity to be on the market are two different things. If you look around you will see that in the NBA the stars are more mobile than they once were. Durant left OKC to get some rings. It wouldn't be surprising that he will also check out the market once his contract runs out. If you asked the Spurs if they thought if Leonard would always be a Spur a couple of years ago they would have said yes. Player movement is simply part of the landscape in the NBA. 

Yeah I more or less agree. Just don't think it'll be the big city that woos Giannis. I can't speak to Unibrow, but if Giannis leaves, I think it'll simply be because the Bucks aren't good enough and there's another team out there that offers a better opportunity.

Like I said, I expect him to leave eventually. I won't be mad when he does either; he's made the Bucks fun to watch again for the first time in nearly 20 years.

Anyone watching the special ESPN is running called Basketball: A Love Story, its in total a 20 hour film broken into segments?  I was watching parts of it last night, it covered diverse topics such as the ABA, Georgetown, Pat Summit....really good stuff.

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2018/09/espn-announces-unprecedented-20-hour-film-basketball-a-love-story/

Edited by The Poojer

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

And CP3 tried to intentially poke Rhondo in the eye possibly blinding him

Which one do YOU think was worse

Rondo's spitting. That is grotesquely worse. No question that CP3 feebly punched/pushed  him in the head. Rondo has a history of being vilified not only by the opposition but also by his own teammates and coaches. He's a talented player but also a unsavory person. That's why he has been on so many teams. 

Just now, JohnC said:

Rondo's spitting. That is grotesquely worse. No question that CP3 feebly punched/pushed  him in the head. Rondo has a history of being vilified not only by the opposition but also by his own teammates and coaches. He's a talented player but also a unsavory person. That's why he has been on so many teams. 

A little bit of spit on the face

vs

Possible career ending injury

I dont like that it happened either (I actually liked that Ingram got miffed and did some pushing.....shows he has a ticker) but wished the rest of it had not happened.....but had CP3 been successful in getting his finger into Rondo's eye he could have scratched his cornia and ended his career right there

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

And CP3 tried to intentially poke Rhondo in the eye possibly blinding him

Which one do YOU think was worse

CP3 was suspended in college for punching an opponent right in the jock

that's a good sign of a total scumbag

it's been a pleasure to not see him in any important playoff games in his NBA career, for some reason...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...