Flamingo that escaped a zoo in 2005 spotted in Texas

B-Man

Flamingo that escaped a zoo in 2005 spotted in Texas

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44633602

The bird, tagged as number 492, fled the Sedgwick County Zoo in Wichita, Kansas, in 2005.

But a summer intern at the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department reportedly caught sight of the escapee in Lavaca Bay on the state's coastline.

Since 492 flew the coop, it has reportedly been seen in Arkansas, Louisiana and even Wisconsin.

Flamingos are not native to the US, appearing only occasionally in Florida thousands of miles away.

DgjCoIOVAAAch1M.jpg............" I am not a number...........I am a free flamingo " 

Escaped zoo flamingo, on the lam since 2005, spotted near Lavaca Bay by our Coastal crew. The African Flamingo made its break from a Kansas zoo after keepers failed to clip its wings, and has been spotted in several states since.

52 minutes ago, B-Man said:

DgjCoIOVAAAch1M.jpg............" I am not a number...........I am a free flamingo " 

Serious props to B-Man for remembering that iconic quote from 'The Prisoner'.  Props raised to the googol power to the flamingo if it's a direct quote.  13 years on the road, Babbel, and an internet connection will allow for impressive improvements.