Capital Gazette shooting in Maryland

Foxx

5 dead, more gravely injured.

Five dead, others 'gravely injured' in shooting at Capital Gazette newspaper in Annapolis

At least five people were killed and several others were “gravely injured” in a shooting Thursday afternoon at the Capital Gazette in Anne Arundel County, authorities said.

A shooter is in custody, police said. Police would not name the suspect or say what type of weapon was used.

Anne Arundel County Police initially confirmed about 3:15 p.m. that they were responding to an “active shooter” at 888 Bestgate Road, where the newspaper’s offices are located. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives also responded to the scene.

The Capital Gazette is owned by The Baltimore Sun.

Police said a “long gun” was used in the incident. They said officers did not exchange gunfire with the suspect, who was now being interrogated. They said officers had recovered what appeared to be an “explosive device,” and had “tactically secured” the building. About 170 people were inside at the time of the shooting, police said. ...

anyone seen DC Tom?

Edited by Foxx

Reports now of 5 dead, 2 with minor wounds... Kudo's to Anne Arundel County, Annapolis, and MDState for such a fast response that it looks like probably saved numerous lives by getting there, and apprehending this POS so quickly!.

15 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But...Trump!  

There doesn't appear to be a connection to Trump's rhetoric based on what's available online by the Capital Gazette shooting suspect. His bizarre feud with the paper goes back to at least 2011.

I expect coverage to fade fast.

Listen to this unhinged mob.
They don't want his reaction, which he already made public.
They want to grandstand in the wake of a horrific massacre and still-unfolding investigation.

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You'e the only one bringing him up. But please, let's have some more calls to shoot journalists. "It's just trolling, man."

No, I'm really not.  My twitter feed is full of people blaming Trump.

Hell, Governor Hogan was directly told the shooting was his fault.  People are, simply, going completely crazy.

20 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No, I'm really not.  My twitter feed is full of people blaming Trump.

Hell, Governor Hogan was directly told the shooting was his fault.  People are, simply, going completely crazy.

Honestly, I've watched the news and hadn't heard anyone saying it was due to the President. If you Google the dude's name (Jarrod W. Ramos) you can see his Twitter feed, the news story in question and the subsequent lawsuits and appeals. He did threaten the writer with "journalist hell" two and a half years ago. But if you are law enforcement how long to you consider that a legitimate threat? (FYI, the writer he sues doesn't even work at the paper anymore.)

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Honestly, I've watched the news and hadn't heard anyone saying it was due to the President. If you Google the dude's name (Jarrod W. Ramos) you can see his Twitter feed, the news story in question and the subsequent lawsuits and appeals. He did threaten the writer with "journalist hell" two and a half years ago. But if you are law enforcement how long to you consider that a legitimate threat? (FYI, the writer he sues doesn't even work at the paper anymore.)

He was tweeting death threats as long as four years ago.

Just read his whole twitter from the bottom up.  It's a bit spooky to watch him go from self-entitled histrionics to anger to full-blown sociopathy in some seven years.  I think there was a tweet some time in 2014 where I said "Yeah, that's probably where they should have acted."  But that requires 1) someone to actually be reading his twitter feed, and 2) complicates the appellate case he had going, which I suspect people would have shied away from (stupid though the appellate filing was.)  And probably would have made him feel backed in to a corner that much sooner - he'd have believed the police were persecuting him to stifle his appeal, and probably acted out even sooner.

Basically...guy was a froot loop.  Almost certainly should have been more closely monitored - from the court filings, the MD court system suspected he was becoming unhinged.  But absent a "Minority Report" pre-crime conviction, this guy was going to hurt someone, somehow, sometime.

Maryland newspaper suspect's past sparked fears he would become 'next mass shooter,' reports say

Jayne Miller

@jemillerwbal
 "He's a f***** nut job" --woman who says she was stalked by suspect in fatal shooting of 5 people at Capital Gazette in Annapolis...says she warned former police official years ago.."he will be your next mass shooter"

8:45 PM - Jun 28, 2018

Jayne Miller

@jemillerwbal
 Woman who was stalked, harassed, sued, and scared away to another state by suspect in fatal shooting of 5 at Capital Gazette in Annapolis told me he became, for no obvious reason, "fixated" with her..caused her to move 3x, changed her name, and now sleeps with a gun.

9:50 PM - Jun 28, 2018

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/29/maryland-newspaper-suspects-past-sparked-fears-would-become-next-mass-shooter-reports-say.html

Still waiting for even a smidgen of info on the Vegas shooter, with cameras everywhere. Good the media did its job to get me a complete profile this time in about 29 seconds.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Still waiting for even a smidgen of info on the Vegas shooter, with cameras everywhere. Good the media did its job to get me a complete profile this time in about 29 seconds.

Difference this time: more people were online/awake when it happened and snapped up the public trail of evidence about the guy immediately. Vegas the social media presence was much more secure before and after the shooting (partially because of the difference in ages of the shooters). 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Difference this time: more people were online/awake when it happened and snapped up the public trail of evidence about the guy immediately. Vegas the social media presence was much more secure before and after the shooting (partially because of the difference in ages of the shooters). 

U know better than that.... ?

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/29/2018 at 12:09 AM, I am the egg man said:

Before the weekend is up, it be no surprise if Maxine Waters will enlighten the country as to where the blame should be put.

Had Margaret Sanger's common sense 1939 work been expanded we wouldn't have mass shootings,  Our cities would be mostly crime free.  When Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan (D-NY) coined the phrase "defining deviancy down"  in 1992 he was looking at society and he knew what he was talking about.

Image result for margaret sanger