When the ref says break, you better break

8 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Looks fake; is he actually making contact? 

If he is and this is not fake, that's kind of strange.

He's just a higher level belt that the competitors.  The competitors have decent training but just a little wreckless which is common until you're a higher belt.

I can see why you think he isn't making contact but he is...on the kick he got it perfectly on the jaw of the guy.  Doesn't take much to put a guy down....I've seen guys get knocked down on jabs because it landed just right.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He's just a higher level belt that the competitors.  The competitors have decent training but just a little wreckless which is common until you're a higher belt.

I can see why you think he isn't making contact but he is...on the kick he got it perfectly on the jaw of the guy.  Doesn't take much to put a guy down....I've seen guys get knocked down on jabs because it landed just right.

Not about how hard you hit it's about how good you hit, and where you land.   

51 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Nah, this looks like something being filmed for a TV show or movie.

Look at all the filming equipment and sound boom, etc.   That's not a broadcast TV crew.  

Also notice how the melee breaks up cleanly and suddenly once the shot is over.  All the guys trying to control the ref and the ref himself just stop.  We just didn't hear "cut" or whatever. 

Notice applause coming from somewhere at the end of this performance, but it's quiet; no live audience of any kind making crowd noise, etc.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Nah, this looks like something being filmed for a TV show or movie.

Look at all the filming equipment and sound boom, etc.   That's not a broadcast TV crew.  

Also notice how the melee breaks up cleanly and suddenly once the shot is over.  All the guys trying to control the ref and the ref himself just stop.  We just didn't hear "cut" or whatever. 

Notice applause coming from somewhere at the end of this performance, but it's quiet; no live audience of any kind making crowd noise, etc.

I slowed it down and looked more closely and I think you're right.

It's not uncommon to see cameras and a boom mike just so the audience at home can hear the shots but this one looks like it's a film.