Police Squad (1982) vs. M Squad (1958)

Where's all the catchy word play from Mr. Marvin and company?

Having been years since I saw the 'Police Squad' episode, I was interested to see that the playing with last names is similar to the courtroom scene from 'Airplane 2', another ZAZ effort.

25 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Most people are probably unaware of this but early in Leslie Nielsen's he pretty much played straight roles and sometimes a heavy.  Nielsen played JJ Adams in Forbidden Planet back in 1956 which was one of the templates for the original Star Trek including Nielsen's character as a prototype for James T Kirk.  I just saw Nielsen a couple of weeks ago as a heavy in a The Big Valley episode from the late 1960's.  Interesting how an actor's path changes as time progresses.  James Best who was best known as Roscoe P Coltraine from Dukes of Hazard often played serious roles including a good Bonanza episode from the 1960's "The Price of Salt"  with Kim Hunter.

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Most people are probably unaware of this but early in Leslie Nielsen's he pretty much played straight roles and sometimes a heavy.  Nielsen played JJ Adams in Forbidden Planet back in 1956 which was one of the templates for the original Star Trek including Nielsen's character as a prototype for James T Kirk.  I just saw Nielsen a couple of weeks ago as a heavy in a The Big Valley episode from the late 1960's.  Interesting how an actor's path changes as time progresses.  James Best who was best known as Roscoe P Coltraine from Dukes of Hazard often played serious roles including a good Bonanza episode from the 1960's "The Price of Salt"  with Kim Hunter.

Funny story about Leslie Nielsen. My cousin is an autograph collector and shortly after the OJ not guilty verdict, he met Nielsen and gave him a picture to sign. It was a photo of Leslie at the Naked Gun premier and he was standing next to OJ. Leslie autographed the picture and under OJ he wrote the word "GUILTY"