Unite The Right Rally To Be Held In Washington

Nazis in Washington. 

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/national-park-service-approves-unite-the-right-rally-white-house

WASHINGTON (AP) — An organizer of last year’s deadly white supremacist rally in Virginia has been granted initial approval to host another rally in August, this time in the heart of the nation’s capital.

The National Park Service says it has approved an application for a “Unite the Right” anniversary rally to be held in front of the White House. Other details are still being finalized.

Organizer Jason Kessler’s application describes it as a “white civil rights” rally. He says he wants elected officials in Washington to know that the violence that killed a woman and injured others in Charlottesville was provoked by what he’s calling “civil rights abuse.”

https://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_Am1.html

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Just now, DC Tom said:

You had to respond to him, didn't you?

I eagerly look forward to the day when gatorman starts a thread and no one responds.

To be fair, this is probably the first time in a month or more I've even bothered to look and see what his post said, and was immediately drawn in by the Constitutional issue.

I am chastened.

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You had to respond to him, didn't you?

I eagerly look forward to the day when gatorman starts a thread and no one responds.

There's an old story that has something to do with a pot and a kettle. I wish I could remember it exactly.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

There's an old story that has something to do with a pot and a kettle. I wish I could remember it exactly.

When he starts a thread, I leave it alone until someone else responds.  And then usually to complain about the other person responding.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, sherpa said:

The title of the thread and the link are inaccurate.

The application has been approved.

There has been no approval of the event, nor any permit approval.

We shall see.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/21/622144455/white-civil-rights-rally-approved-for-d-c-in-august

In an application dated May 8, Kessler estimated that as many as 400 people would attend. He listed the purpose of the event as: "Protesting civil rights abuse in Charlottesville Va / white civil rights rally." The Los Angeles Times reported that thepark service is now "gathering information" to issue a permit, which will "specify the timing, boundaries, sound regulations and liability rules for the event."

The Trickle-Up Theory Of White Nationalist Thought

National Park Service spokesperson Mike Litterst told the paper that "public safety and the protection of park resources are taken into consideration" and said the agency does not "consider the content of the message presented."

Kessler also applied to hold a rally in Charlottesville on Aug. 12, but the city denied the application, according to The Washington Post. Kessler is suing the city; the case is still being decided. Kessler told the Post that he will have rallies in both D.C. and Charlottesville if he wins in court.

17 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

To be fair, this is probably the first time in a month or more I've even bothered to look and see what his post said, and was immediately drawn in by the Constitutional issue.

I am chastened.

it's okay to try to give someone the benefit of the doubt once a month