Whitey taking over the music

58 minutes ago, GG said:

If you are applying that standard, then music will stop.  Try playing blues without the culturally appropriated guitar from Europe.

or Tejano  played with culturally appropriated accordians. They were originally brought over by German settlers.

16 hours ago, GG said:

If you are applying that standard, then music will stop.  Try playing blues without the culturally appropriated guitar from Europe.

The concept of pop music on TV traces back to Elvis & the Beatles. Should only southern white males or Brits be allowed to perform pop music on TV?

14 hours ago, row_33 said:

Speaking of strange uses of songs...

Sweet Jesus wasn't meant as a religious affection.... i hope they were being triply ironic here...

Wow, I think Welk really believed it was " a modern spiritual". Heavy.

I really dig that whole Appalachian Honeypot style. I think I'm gonna watch some old Dolly Parton footage....

4 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

Wow, I think Welk really believed it was " a modern spiritual". Heavy.

I really dig that whole Appalachian Honeypot style. I think I'm gonna watch some old Dolly Parton footage....

A 60s spirituality of dope and women and although burned out and broke one is not repentant.

Came around at just the right moment to pass through the censors

54 minutes ago, Azalin said:

If my wife is a Spaniard, am I still allowed to play the guitar?

Hmmph. The pan flute originated in Germany. Maybe if their military had marched to that instead of drums we could have had more peaceful wars.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Hmmph. The pan flute originated in Germany. Maybe if their military had marched to that instead of drums we could have had more peaceful wars.

"More peaceful wars"..... :lol:

The funny thing is that Yanni is among the music most likely to incite me to violence. I can't stand that $%#@.

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Azalin said:

"More peaceful wars"..... :lol:

The funny thing is that Yanni is among the music most likely to incite me to violence. I can't stand that $%#@.

You laugh...but much military thought in the last half of the 20th century was devoted to finding ways to fight more peaceful wars.

36 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You laugh...but much military thought in the last half of the 20th century was devoted to finding ways to fight more peaceful wars.

Oh I can appreciate the concept. It's just the contradictory nature of those words appearing together that strikes me as funny - like if I saw someone say "we endured a more warlike peace".