Trump Congratulates Corey Stewart

2 hours ago, peace out said:

These forum is filled with racist enablers. It's pathetic the mods let this board stay open.

I like black women and fajitas.    Can you omit me from your take ? 

Edited by Teddy KGB

10 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

Alexander Stephens, the Vice President of the confederacy, said this upon the foundation of the secessionist entity:

“Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition.”

Corey Stephens stands for that. You are defending Corey Stephens. See what you are?

No, Corey Stephens does not stand for that; and you don't get to decide that he stands for that, and magically imbue him with racism in stride.

Corey Stephens stands for preserving history and heritage, some of it ugly, but all of it worth remembering.  What Alexander Stephens voiced was a common sentiment of the time he lived in, not just in the Antebellum South, but all around the world.  What your myopic world view, completely ignorant of history, fails to grasp is that against the back drop of all of human history, the time we live in today, made possible only by technological advances and economic growth, is absurdly unusual.

Slavery and servitude are historical human norms.  There is no arguing against this point.

Your stance logically requires standing full throated opposition to all of human history, which is an absurd position to take.

We don't need to reject where we came from.  Where we came from brought us to the freedoms we all enjoy today, over the long march of time through incremental improvements.  Our ancestors are not monsters to be buried and forgotten.  They were great men and women who were far more than the slaves they owned.

Your argument is ignorant, tired, and divisive.  And, again, you are not the arbiter of truth.  You do not own the moral high ground.  You are not "on the right side of history".

You're just a sad man, making baseless charges of racism because your argument is a poor one, and it's all you have left.

And because you do this, you're losing.  Badly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I have a very good friend who happens to be black. I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade around him and sometimes call him niggardly. Am I a racist?

The fact that you apply a non racist term to a black man then ask a tongue in cheek question to make it seem pseudo racist is evidence of racism. Thanks for playing.

What racist will stick out their neck next?

Edited by peace out

57 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I like black women and fajitas.    Can you omit me from your take ? 

So you like to assert your power by sexually assaulting the descendants of slaves (you know, by looking at them), AND culturally appropriate food from hard working downtrodden brown people? On top of that, you have not properly condemned Corey Stewart for whatever his thought crimes are?!? Hell, I'd bet you're even a white male.

You're the worst form of Nazi misogynistic racist.

Edited by Koko78

23 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, Corey Stephens does not stand for that; and you don't get to decide that he stands for that, and magically imbue him with racism in stride.

Corey Stephens stands for preserving history and heritage, some of it ugly, but all of it worth remembering.  What Alexander Stephens voiced was a common sentiment of the time he lived in, not just in the Antebellum South, but all around the world.  What your myopic world view, completely ignorant of history, fails to grasp is that against the back drop of all of human history, the time we live in today, made possible only by technological advances and economic growth, is absurdly unusual.

Slavery and servitude are historical human norms.  There is no arguing against this point.

Your stance logically requires standing full throated opposition to all of human history, which is an absurd position to take.

We don't need to reject where we came from.  Where we came from brought us to the freedoms we all enjoy today, over the long march of time through incremental improvements.  Our ancestors are not monsters to be buried and forgotten.  They were great men and women who were far more than the slaves they owned.

Your argument is ignorant, tired, and divisive.  And, again, you are not the arbiter of truth.  You do not own the moral high ground.  You are not "on the right side of history".

You're just a sad man, making baseless charges of racism because your argument is a poor one, and it's all you have left.

And because you do this, you're losing.  Badly.

The mental gymnastics racists go through to say they aren’t racist!

Who should people believe? Someone who was there, actually founded the secessionist movement,  and can tell the story in the first person, or some guy 150 years later who read some Shelby Foote once and now thinks he’s an expert?

• Like (+1) 1

At least this complete clown is going to drowned in the blue wave sweeping Virginia. 

Conservatives are going nuts over this, their hysteria led them to nominate this idiot. Will their heads explode when he loses so hard Trump feels it? Yes 

12 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

In the context of what happened is happening in the 30’s in Germany, South Africa right now, no, I don’t. This is the best I can do for my children. I owe them that and more. Never again. 

Get used to it. Get used to answering for every single one of the people in the Obama administration that you support. Get used to answering for policies and papers that you should well be aware of. Get used to your position being more sophisticated than “Trump is tough, I like him" "Obama was cool, no controversies". Get used to owning what you love. You are a Stephen Miller Farrakhan guy now!

barack%20obama%20and%20louis%20farrakhan%20by%20askia%20muhammad.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

You have to hold yourself to the standards that you hold everyone else.

Don't hurt yourself.

Get a grip.

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

Here's a simple yes or no question:  Do you think white supremacists have any place in our government, let alone our society?  Yes or no?

No.

But here's the thing: we live in a democratic republic.  Which means those of us that say "no" can potentially be outvoted by those who say "yes."  

So here's a question back to you: do you believe that those who don't answer "no" should have their votes suppressed?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thurmal34 said:

The mental gymnastics racists go through to say they aren’t racist!

Who should people believe? Someone who was there, actually founded the secessionist movement,  and can tell the story in the first person, or some guy 150 years later who read some Shelby Foote once and now thinks he’s an expert?

To be clear, if you're calling me a racist, you can !@#$ right off you ignorant piece of ****.

Again, you are not the arbiter of truth.  You do not have the moral high ground.  You are not "on the right side of history".  People are not racist simply because "you say so".

The fact that you lack any historical perspective at all, and don't understand that slavery was an absolute historical norm across the entire world, and only ended because economic and technological advances allowed it to, does not give you the right to assign ugly labels to people who disagree with you politically and have anyone take you seriously.

Celebrating and preserving our history, and the monuments we have erected to those ends, is not a racist act; and those monuments are not monuments to racism.  They are monuments to great individuals in our shared history who lived in different times from ours, and had different norms than ours; who were much more than the slaves that they owned. 

A man like Alexander Stephens, who served in the Georgia state Senate, served in the House of Representatives occupying three separate seats over the course of 21 years, served at Georgia's 50th Governor, and was nominated to be Vice-President of a new country, is far more than a quote viewed as racist by 2018 standards.  He was a man of immense achievement by any reasonable standard.

The only mental gymnastics occurring here are those undertaken by you in a bizarre attempt to refine a man who led an entire nation into a single statement, common for the time he lived in, dismissing everything else about him.

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

every electable US politician, outside of some severe backwaters of Louisiana and California, is a classical liberal in every sense of the word

Do you ever get tired of saying incredibly stupid, and easily disprovable things?

12 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Do you ever get tired of saying incredibly stupid, and easily disprovable things?

okay, so what national US elected figure wasn't a classical liberal???

i guess the definition of a classical liberal might not be obvious, unless you took a poli-sci coursel

TASKER, HAS THE CIVIL WAR STARTED YET, YOU CALLED FOR IT LAST WEEK, OR HAVE YOU GONE BACK TO YOUR MEDS???

?

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

okay, so what national US elected figure wasn't a classical liberal???

Almost all of them, save a handful Senators (Rand Paul, Mike Lee possibly), and the Congressional Freedom Caucus.  Classical liberalism is very similar to libertarianism philosophically.

i guess the definition of a classical liberal might not be obvious, unless you took a poli-sci coursel[sic]

You should stop talking about things you don't understand.  It makes you look like a moron.

TASKER, HAS THE CIVIL WAR STARTED YET, YOU CALLED FOR IT LAST WEEK, OR HAVE YOU GONE BACK TO YOUR MEDS???

(size reduced to be courteous to the board's readership)

You also apparently lack reading comprehension, and have an incredibly limited understanding of history.

No one here called for a civil war you !@#$ing retard.  No one.

What I, and a several others with historical perspectives are doing, is warning that the level of vitriol the public discourse has escalated to is reaching "Bleeding Kansas" levels, to quote Tom; and that we are rapidly approaching a point where civil war will be a real possibility.

But hey, by all means, please keep up with the stupid.  You started off here very rationally, but you've rapidly descended into the idiocy, and for whatever reason have decided to embrace it.

Your horse **** is becoming absolutely unreadable.

Congratulations.

30 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No.

But here's the thing: we live in a democratic republic.  Which means those of us that say "no" can potentially be outvoted by those who say "yes."  

So here's a question back to you: do you believe that those who don't answer "no" should have their votes suppressed?

I would never be in favor of suppressing votes.  Hell ... 650,000 Alabamans voted for a pedophile.  We just need to work on improving our societies (the fact that you're the only one who actually said, "no," underscores this); not remove anyone's right to vote.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I would never be in favor of suppressing votes.  Hell ... 650,000 Alabamans voted for a pedophile.  We just need to work on improving our societies (the fact that you're the only one who actually said, "no," underscores this); not remove anyone's right to vote.

Gugny, of course we shouldn't have white supremacists (or any other brand of bigot) representing us in government. 

But, as Tom says, that's not necessarily the way representative democracy works. 

That's why it's so important to make strong and convincing arguments against bad ideas when they pop up, such that the Richard Spencers of the world don't find themselves seated in the Senate.

It's also incredibly important, along those same lines, not to allow people like Thurmal34 to impose their view of what is bigoted on the general public, because he is incredibly and dangerously wrong on the issue.

• Like (+1) 1