Newspaper Headline is Really, Really Awful

B-Man

YIKES! Local paper’s headline for article on 16-year-old Miss Kansas Outstanding Teen is really, really awful

Not good, Pratt Tribune from Pratt, KS. How the heck does this get printed? She’s 16-years-old, no less:

DfpyXvuWsAEbnNZ.jpg

For the record, she was talking about winning as “doable.” From the article:

In Pratt last week, Benjamin said she wasn’t quite sure what to expect because this was her first time participating in the Miss America organization teen pageant.
“It was really hard for me to be away from my family for a week because we are have always been so close, but it was good for me coming here,” she said. “This week taught me that this is definitely doable.“

Now, this isn’t the first awful headline from the Pratt Tribune. This one’s from 2017:

DfxeW5fUwAAN2Mz.jpg

Now, we LOVE a catchy headline as much as the next headline writer, but COME ON!

• Haha (+1) 1

Back when the [BN]competent still used Disqus as a comment service, I slammed that digital rag non stop for the errors, omissions, hack writing, and never ending supply of drunks leering for the camera for 'Smiles At' galleries.  Especially bad were some of the slang and errors in story headlines.  Another commenter stated bad headlines are often the fault of an editor, few reporters are allowed to title their own stories.