Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, it’s definitely not. I’d be happy to make a friendly wager, you take Peterman, I get Allen and it’s a push if McCarron starts. You name the stakes...

1 minute ago, BurpleBull said:

Alright.

Let me come up with something and I'll get back to you.

My money is on kirby winning 

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, it’s definitely not. I’d be happy to make a friendly wager, you take Peterman, I get Allen and it’s a push if McCarron starts. You name the stakes...

5 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Alright.

Let me come up with something and I'll get back to you.

I would happily take McCarron, if you want to make it a three-way wager.

12 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Much had been said about Josh Allen's accuracy leading up to the draft, so if you lose how about you send me $56.30 into an opened PayPal account representing Allen's college completion percentage in his final year.

I lose, I send you a dollar figure not to exceed Nathan Peterman's Buffalo Bills jersey number.

Just a proposal.

11 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Much had been said about Josh Allen's accuracy leading up to the draft, so if you lose how about you send me $56.30 into an opened PayPal account representing Allen's college completion percentage in his final year.

I lose, I send you a dollar figure not to exceed Nathan Peterman's Buffalo Bills jersey number.

Just a proposal.

LOL - isn't Peterman #2?

So you're asking for 28 : 1 odds?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

Seems about right, if you ask me.

Yeah me too, but Burple is stating he thinks Peterman has a legit shot at starting. By his own line he is stating

Peterman: 1%

Allen: 28%

AJ: 71%

which is actually reasonable, but no way to back-up your beliefs LOL

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/23/2018 at 11:29 PM, Lfod said:

That 5 interception game is Petermans reputation. It is what was visible to the world. It is mostly the only thing people have to formulate an opinion on. 

Even in the snow game he still ran head first into trouble and it was lights out for him. Nap time with no milk or cookies first. I respect Peterman for that. In the end he was trying to win. It cost him a lot. He attacked when the other guy played timid. I like Peterman more then Tyrod all day long. I'd rather see a guy try and fail then a guy trying to protect his stats for the future and still fail.....

At this point the only person that can change the perception of him is Nathan Peterman. Not many people will throw in a vote of confidence. I don't know what he has done behind the scenes to improve. If he attacked his problems the way he ran that ball head first into the snow that day he might have gained some ground. 

I just don't think it's a good time to put in effort to change the preception on him. If you believe in Peterman then be prepared to hear about the 5 interceptions because until he does different it's a permanent tattoo on him. 

So even though I support Peterman I absolutely understand why everyone is so sure it won't happen. A later round pick that was already a long shot to begin with bombs in his first performance in the not for long league. Peterman becoming good would only benefit the bottom line. I don't think there is a person in this discussion that wouldn't come around if Peterman is winning games. It's about proving one's self and he hasn't done that yet publicly. 

everything you say is accurate-but why would they trot out Allen behind a crap line? And why is everyone so sure McCarron is good? I agree Mccarrons wife is hot but besides that he has never impressed me yet. I try to not to judge someone to harshly after one start, no matter how bad.

5 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Just a proposal.

You are onto something!! You can pay Peterman’s career completion percentage + TDs + INTs. He is 25 of 52 (48%) with 2 TDs and 6 INTs. 48 + 2 + 6 = $56....seems fair to me!!

On 5/26/2018 at 2:37 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

You are onto something!! You can pay Peterman’s career completion percentage + TDs + INTs. He is 25 of 52 (48%) with 2 TDs and 6 INTs. 48 + 2 + 6 = $56....seems fair to me!!

Alright I agree to the challenge.

Josh Allen vs. Nathan Peterman for the starting role barring injury or a McCarron victory.

$56.30 (Allen's junior year 56.3 completion percentage at Wyoming)

vs.

$56.00 (Peterman's NFL career completion percentage (49%), tds (2), and ints (5).

Loser also posts a congratulatory internet meme of their QB to the winning QB (Allen and Peterman only).

Second week of OTAs begins tomorrow...let's do it!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Alright I agree to the challenge.

Josh Allen vs. Nathan Peterman for the starting role barring injury or a McCarron victory.

$56.30 (Allen's junior year 56.3 completion percentage at Wyoming)

vs.

$56.00 (Peterman's NFL career completion percentage (49%), tds (2), and ints (5).

Loser also posts a congratulatory internet meme of their QB to the winning QB (Allen and Peterman only).

Second week of OTAs begins tomorrow...let's do it!

I like it!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/25/2018 at 11:34 AM, Captain Hindsight said:

My money is on kirby winning 

The way I see it, it's McCarron and Peterman's spot to lose.

Sort of like the champion in a prize fight, don't get outclassed or dominated by your more fan-pleasing, haymaker-throwing, game opponent and you've got a good chance of going home with the title even if not in spectacular fashion.

I think Peterman will prove to be further along in his development than people believe right now.

The QB says he learned a lot from last year but has moved on

SAL CAPACCIO   MAY 28, 2018 - 7:56 PM

When the media showed up last Thursday to get our first glimpse of the Bills during their 2018 Organized Team Activities, it didn’t go unnoticed that Nathan Peterman was taking most of the reps under center with the first team offense.

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/nathan-peterman-rotates-first-team-reps-hes-excited-fresh-start-2018

54 minutes ago, ALF said:

The QB says he learned a lot from last year but has moved on

SAL CAPACCIO   MAY 28, 2018 - 7:56 PM

When the media showed up last Thursday to get our first glimpse of the Bills during their 2018 Organized Team Activities, it didn’t go unnoticed that Nathan Peterman was taking most of the reps under center with the first team offense.

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/nathan-peterman-rotates-first-team-reps-hes-excited-fresh-start-2018

Not a good sign for Peterman. Usually the worst QB gets the most early reps before **** really counts.

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

McCarron # 1,  Nate #2, Josh Allen #3?until proven otherwise.  

The only issue is that it isn’t “until proven otherwise.” It is “until we think he’s ready.” This team didn’t trade up in the 1st round to have Allen competing for the starting role. It will be given to him as soon as they believe that he is ready. It may not be at all this year. It may be a year from now.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The only issue is that it isn’t “until proven otherwise.” It is “until we think he’s ready.” This team didn’t trade up in the 1st round to have Allen competing for the starting role. It will be given to him as soon as they believe that he is ready. It may not be at all this year. It may be a year from now.

When they think he is ready it will then be “proven otherwise”. 

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

When they think he is ready it will then be “proven otherwise”. 

Then I guess we are just viewing that differently. I’m viewing that as “until he’s the best QB on the roster.” He may be handed the keys before he is the most likely QB to win. I don’t even know if that makes sense? I guess that what I’m saying is McCarron may give them the best chance to win against the Titans (for example) but Allen starts if he’s “ready.”  Again, that could happen at anytime between now and a year from now. Sounds like we are basically saying the same thing though.

• Like (+1) 1