What does the phrase "The Good Old Days" mean to you?

"What does the phrase "The Good Old Days" mean to you ?"

Living in an apartment near Tifft and South Park in the early/mid '60's going to P.S. 29 and having to walk there and back, including home for lunch.

Moving, as a soon to be teen to a 1st tier suburb to a house that seemed not much bigger than the apt thinking it was the end of the world. I was wrong

There were always kids to play/ hangout with no matter the weather. Both male and female. Then I left high school in '76 and had to make real life choices.

Edited by Ifartalot

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

No. I am not. 

I realize this now.  My apologies.  You look younger and I thought you were closer to Cletus' age.

So back to you point ... yeah ... millenials suck it.

6 minutes ago, Ifartalot said:

Living in an apartment near Tifft, going to P.S.29 on South Park in the early '60's walking to and from school and to home and back for lunch.

Moving, as a soon to be teen to a 1st tier suburb to a house that seemed not much bigger than the apt. Naively thinking it was the end of the world.

But there were always kids to play/ hangout with no matter the weather Both male and female. Then I left high school in '76 and had to make  life decisions.

Is that when the farting started? 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I realize this now.  My apologies.  You look younger and I thought you were closer to Cletus' age.

So back to you point ... yeah ... millenials suck it.

Thank you for your apology. And if you offend me again I will stab you. 

Edited by mrags

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

What would he then do to me (either literally or euphemistically)?

His weapon is the pen.

Or maybe a knife.....

...or maybe he just uses the pen wrong? It’s hard to say! 

Edited by Augie

Just now, Ifartalot said:

You're the 1st to be interested in that since I've been in here.

Are you a connoisseur of flatulence of others ?

I’m more of a “runaway!!!” Kind of guy. ?

19 minutes ago, Ifartalot said:

Living in an apartment near Tifft and South Park in the early/mid '60's going to P.S. 29 and having to walk there and back, including home for lunch.

Moving, as a soon to be teen to a 1st tier suburb to a house that seemed not much bigger than the apt thinking it was the end of the world. I was wrong

There were always kids to play/ hangout with no matter the weather. Both male and female. Then I left high school in '76 and had to make real life choices.

My great aunt lived literally across Tift from Holy Family School. My great uncle (other side of my dad's family) Owned Hempling's Drug Store.

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Just answer the question, fart boy.

....so says Johnny who apparently loves hammering his "stick".

8 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

My great aunt lived literally across Tift from Holy Family School. My great uncle (other side of my dad's family) Owned Hempling's Drug Store.

My Aunt & Uncle owned a furniture store on South Park near Tifft when I lived near there and my grandparents owned a deli a further down on Ridgewood and S.P.

We split time going to church between Holy Family and St. Ambrose.

Edited by Ifartalot
  • Haha (+1) 1