What does the phrase "The Good Old Days" mean to you?

The time in my life before real responsibilities; career, marriage, kids, mortgage, etc...

Much simpler time where all I had to worry about was getting laid and having a good time.  Could travel/move anywhere I wanted with no strings attached.  Those were the good ‘ol days for me.  I’m really happy with where I’m at in life right now, but I remember those times very fondly.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the OP was taking it one step beyond a simple definition of what the phrase means, and asking posters to apply the definition to their personal lives.  I.E., what time period in your life was that simpler, happier time, and why?  

We all know what the phrase means, but we don't know how you would apply it to your life.

21 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Girls were girls, and men were men. The way Glenn Miller played. Before the welfare state. That's what the good old days were.

• Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

The good old days were those that existed in a time when adults did not act like spoiled two-year old children on a message board.  

Such a time existed?!

Come on, man.  Next you’ll be spinning tales about unicorns and honest politicians.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Such a time existed?!

Come on, man.  Next you’ll be spinning tales about unicorns and honest politicians.

Am I not allowed to have fantasies? Do I have to give up my visions of showering in Vermont?

Just now, BuffaloBill said:

Am I not allowed to have fantasies? Do I have to give up my visions of showering in Vermont?

Hey, whatever blows your hair back, fella.  If showering in my beautiful guest bathroom is what you’re needing, please wait until after 8am to knock on the door ?

Just bring your own soap.  I don’t want any foreign short-curlies in my bar of Irish Spring.

I think I met @Gugny in 2014 or so. My life was a lot simpler before that day. I had a positive outlook on life, smelled flowers, didn't have a jaded world view. All that changed when he took out his notepad and introduced himself  saying "I'm Gugny...I'll be your waiter today".

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

I think I met @Gugny in 2014 or so. My life was a lot simpler before that day. I had a positive outlook on life, smelled flowers, didn't have a jaded world view. All that changed when he took out his notepad and introduced himself  saying "I'm Gugny...I'll be your waiter today".

Crazy!  That’s exactly how I met Gugny.  Except after that he slowly turned to my wife and said “want to smell my finger?”

4 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Cmon, tell the truth, we all know that you and Gugny met on Tinder.   

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

A few generations ago when decent god fearing people still had values, the family unit was intact, people knew their neighbors names, we weren't bombarded with attention whoring antics, warm apple pie cooled on window sills, and minorities weren't allowed to use the same bathroom as me.  Simpler times. 

And we wore onions from our belts, as was the fashion in the day. 

The "good old days" means that time in your life when you didn't have the responsibilities of an adult. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Girls were girls, and men were men. The way Glenn Miller played. Before the welfare state. That's what the good old days were.

????? Back in the good Good Ole' Days, men were men...and children, they were men too... and women had moxie and smoked cigars and they could take a punch cause they were also men.  And nobody ever f@#$ed around or got confused about their gender because they were men, and that type of thing could get your ass beat.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Sorry, I call BS. No way what he said was that succinct.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

????? Back in the good Good Ole' Days, men were men...and children, they were men too... and women had moxie and smoked cigars and they could take a punch cause they were also men.  And nobody ever f@#$ed around or got confused about their gender because they were men, and that type of thing could get your ass beat.

And the sheep were mighty nervous as the old saying goes. 

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

I believe that the question was pretty clear. What does the phrase mean to you means what does the !@#$ing phrase mean to YOU. How can you interpret it any other way?

Anyway, sorry for the digression. For me “the good old days” harkens back to a time where people actually understood the meaning of a simple sentence.

Que??