Pre Existing Conditions

1 hour ago, Thurmal34 said:

Did the DOJ sue to eliminate/deny insurance coverage for pre-existing conditions for Americans Friday night?

If so, why?

If not, maybe someone can explain the lawsuit to me?

Because you can't insure that something that has already happened might not happen.

You can't buy homeowner's insurance to cover a fire that has already burned your house down.

Is this %&#$ really that hard to understand?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Azalin said:

You can't buy homeowner's insurance to cover a fire that has already burned your house down.

So in your America, the one you want your children to grow up in, if someone is born with "a burned down house", they have to buy health care or die?

What is America actually great at?

Are we number one in anything?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Thurmal34 said:

So in your America, the one you want your children to grow up in, if someone is born with "a burned down house", they have to buy health care or die?

What is America actually great at?

Are we number one in anything?

That is honestly one of the most stupid things I've ever seen anyone say here, which is really saying something.

Go think about that for a while before getting back to me.

4 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

Just answer.

Right now, people can have a disease and get treatment. Under this new lawsuit by the DOJ, if they have a disease they cant get treatment.

Is that your America?

The DOJ has nothing to do with health insurance.

Good lord, read a %$#@ing book, for crying out loud.

So we are clear - the Department of Justice is not currently suing to have pre-existing conditions removed from people's insurance policies?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/391292-justice-dept-argues-key-parts-of-obamacare-are-unconstitutional

Is that your contention?

Didn't Trump say on the trail pre existing conditions would be covered?

58 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

So we are clear - the Department of Justice is not currently suing to have pre-existing conditions removed from people's insurance policies?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/391292-justice-dept-argues-key-parts-of-obamacare-are-unconstitutional

Is that your contention?

So we are clear:

" The lawsuit in question was filed in February by Texas and 19 other GOP-led states, arguing that ObamaCare is unconstitutional and should be overturned. "

followed by:

" The conservative states and DOJ point to the Supreme Court's 2012 ruling that upheld ObamaCare's individual mandate under Congress's taxing power. Now that Congress has repealed the mandate penalty as part of last year's tax bill – while technically keeping the mandate itself in place – they argue the mandate is no longer a tax and is now invalid."

That's the nuts & bolts right there.

So, your point is.............?

My point is Trump campaigned on improving the ACA. He lied. He has made the ACA prohibitive and while doing so blamed the other party. I'm a free thinker. Not a repub, not a Demo. How has Trump's administration made Americans healthier and granted them more access to the care they need?

No matter how much you guys all hate brown people, when your lower middle class white mom has to shell out $87,000 to live 2 more years you might finally get it.

24 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

My point is Trump campaigned on improving the ACA. He lied. He has made the ACA prohibitive and while doing so blamed the other party. I'm a free thinker. Not a repub, not a Demo. How has Trump's administration made Americans healthier and granted them more access to the care they need?

No matter how much you guys all hate brown people, when your lower middle class white mom has to shell out $87,000 to live 2 more years you might finally get it.

You're are not only a clown but a racist ****head.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

You lost the argument so you called everyone a racist.  Now take your ball and go home and turn on MSNBC in your safe space.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Is that your contention?

Let's just stop calling it insurance and call it what it is - Free health care. 

4 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

My point is Trump campaigned on improving the ACA. He lied.

He actually campaigned on 'repeal and replace,' and then broke that promise.

Are you just making this up as you go? Because that's what it sounds like.

There is an entire thread dedicated to ACA. Probably worth a read before you make more errors.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Trump campaigned on repealing Obamacare.

You're not a "free thinker", you're just a dipschiff.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Just answer.

Right now, people can have a disease and get treatment. Under this new lawsuit by the DOJ, if they have a disease they cant get treatment.

Is that your America?

To be clear: you're complaining that health insurance shouldn't act like health insurance.

Which would be fine, if you understood what you were complaining about.  But you don't - you're making an emotional argument from a position of ignorance.  

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

To be clear: you're complaining that health insurance shouldn't act like health insurance.

Which would be fine, if you understood what you were complaining about.  But you don't - you're making an emotional argument from a position of ignorance.  

In his defense, that is his strongest position.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Don't be a !@#$-knuckle. Everyone knew ACA was dead in the water FOUR YEARS AGO.

You know, about the time premiums tripled?

Also, you're an ass  hole.

• Thank you (+1) 1