Tre' White: #31 on PFF's Top 50 Players of 2018

31. TRE’DAVIOUS WHITE, CB, BUFFALO BILLS

WhitePFF31.PNG-copy-768x433.jpg

While Lattimore got most of the attention, White actually earned the higher overall PFF grade (92.0 to 90.5) and coverage grade (91.6 to 90.5) among the two rookies. White allowed just 50.6 percent of passes thrown his way to be caught and became the No. 1 corner on the team on the eve of the season as the Bills traded away Ronald Darby and threw the rookie in at the deep end. White and Lattimore both look like the real deal.

31 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

But not a top 10 2nd year player. Kay Adams be like Nate you are stupid. 

To his credit, Nate B owned up to it and made the correction. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Micah at 62 and Tre at 31!  The Bills defense created a lot of turnovers last year without any pass rush at all.  This years Bills D is much improved.  And they will be fun to watch.  Micah and Tre are both playmakers.  And Edmunds, Trent, Star, and Harrison should bring it.  I think this years defense will be one of the better ones in the NFL

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Pete said:

Micah at 62 and Tre at 31!  The Bills defense created a lot of turnovers last year without any pass rush at all.  This years Bills D is much improved.  And they will be fun to watch.  Micah and Tre are both playmakers.  And Edmunds, Trent, Star, and Harrison should bring it.  I think this years defense will be one of the better ones in the NFL

Agreed. Poyer was/is a very important piece to the success of our secondary as well. If we can get good play from our nickel corner this D should be solid by the end of the season....

On 6/8/2018 at 3:06 PM, Billsmisery said:

Anyone miss Gilmore? I sure don't. Tre's the man. 

That is why ppl talking about a down season are talking way too fast

Our offense was not great last year....our D partially improved and we STILL won games......this year the D will be even better.

We need to pump the breaks on this 2 win season stuff....we could make the playoffs again

18 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Our offense was not great last year....our D partially improved and we STILL won games......this year the D will be even better.

We need to pump the breaks on this 2 win season stuff....we could make the playoffs again

Absolutely. We're better in every way except one position. Our offense was lackluster, but it could have been much much worse. It can be this year. If we can simply not turn it over on offense and bump that passing game up marginally. We are absolutely a better team than last year.

But turnovers on offense will negate any improvement we see on defense

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t disagree but just as much as our defense and it’s turnovers were a big reason we won last year our offense not turning the ball over was as well. You could see a much improved defense and an offense that is still bad and more turnover prone. That is likely a 6-10 type team which is how I see it. This year will involve a lot of exploration on offense. We will be more aggressive. It very well could be a better offense but it will generate way more turnovers than TT and the 3 and outs. 

17 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Absolutely. We're better in every way except one position. Our offense was lackluster, but it could have been much much worse. It can be this year. If we can simply not turn it over on offense and bump that passing game up marginally. We are absolutely a better team than last year.

But turnovers on offense will negate any improvement we see on defense

Go Bills !

17 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

I don’t disagree but just as much as our defense and it’s turnovers were a big reason we won last year our offense not turning the ball over was as well. You could see a much improved defense and an offense that is still bad and more turnover prone. That is likely a 6-10 type team which is how I see it. This year will involve a lot of exploration on offense. We will be more aggressive. It very well could be a better offense but it will generate way more turnovers than TT and the 3 and outs. 

No one knows that Bills will again be a possession vs turnover Team.
But i might expect it. Just  because Tyrod rarely turned the ball over and the defense a fine + in the category ? Does not mean AJ or even  Peterman(cough cough) and then Josh Allen will not play" protect the football" football.

On 6/7/2018 at 11:29 PM, Pete said:

I expect Davis to have a huge year too. I feel this scheme is a wonderful fit for him if he stays healthy

4 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Go Bills !

No one knows that Bills will again be a possession vs turnover Team.
But i might expect it. Just  because Tyrod rarely turned the ball over and the defense a fine + in the category ? Does not mean AJ or even  Peterman(cough cough) and then Josh Allen will not play" protect the football" football.

They can try and play protect the football, football. That said they are competing against one of the best of all time in that area. Crazy as that sounds. Taylor was historic in how rare he turned the ball over. I have a hard time seeing what the identity of the offense is this year. I would rather take risks and see young players develop, trading the short term for long term on offense than play turnover/risk free styles similar to what we have seen before. If the goal was protect the football they should have kept Taylor as the bridge. Our goal should be score points. Get a playoff caliber NFL offense before 2020. Partner that with this defense and it's a Super Bowl contender.