Kudos to the Bears - sign Zach Miller to 1 yr

Kudos to the Bears for NOT treating a player like a "piece of meat" instead doing the right thing by a player who suffered a horrific, limb and life threatening injury while playing for them.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-zach-miller-contract-20180604-story.html

Miller reportedly didn't start walking until March and (understandably) wants to delay making a decision to try to come back or retire until he completes his recovery.  The Bears are making this possible by keeping him on the payroll.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good for Miller.  Nice to see the Bears having the class to give him the leeway to make the decision and not effectively making it for him.  While I recognize that the catch rule has been amended to attempt to eliminate the ambiguity, this line in the article made me bristle; "while trying to catch a touchdown pass."

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, transient said:

Good for Miller.  Nice to see the Bears having the class to give him the leeway to make the decision and not effectively making it for him.  While I recognize that the catch rule has been amended to attempt to eliminate the ambiguity, this line in the article made me bristle; "while trying to catch a touchdown pass."

Yeah, that was like the "insult to injury" part.  That should absolutely have been a TD.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Kudos to the Bears for NOT treating a player like a "piece of meat" instead doing the right thing by a player who suffered a horrific, limb and life threatening injury while playing for them.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-zach-miller-contract-20180604-story.html

Miller reportedly didn't start walking until March and (understandably) wants to delay making a decision to try to come back or retire until he completes his recovery.  The Bears are making this possible by keeping him on the payroll.

Classy move by the Bears.

• Like (+1) 2

Sound like the Bears management is a bunch of bleeding heart softies. No wonder they can't win football games.

What's next? health care for his family, too. Education for his kids!

Ditka would of said "you're fired!"

2 hours ago, leonbus23 said:

Sound like the Bears management is a bunch of bleeding heart softies. No wonder they can't win football games.

What's next? health care for his family, too. Education for his kids!

Ditka would of said "you're fired!"

Surely you jest...