Kate Spade dead (your wife will know who that is)

Just Jack

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

How awful. Any backstory on this? Assuming she’s incredibly wealthy. 

her company was just bought for like $2B..money might help, but does not always equal happiness. BTW, she died by suicide.

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

Mental illness is like water.  It spends every second of its existence finding a way.

What sucks is that she leaves behind a daughter who'll never understand why.  

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

her company was just bought for like $2B..money might help, but does not always equal happiness. BTW, she died by suicide.

If she committed suicide it was because she was suffering from severe depression.

The size of your bank account has absolutely zero impact, one way or the other, on severe depression.

Sorry to hear this.  

She is comedian David Spade's sister in law (of SNL fame).

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

If she committed suicide it was because she was suffering from severe depression.

The size of your bank account has absolutely zero impact, one way or the other, on severe depression.

Sorry to hear this.  

She is comedian David Spade's sister in law (of SNL fame).

I suppose it would be seen as being in bad taste to say "Buh-bye!"

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dante said:

We were at the outlets a couple weeks ago and that place had a huge lineup coming out of it. Crazy. Longer than Nike Store and Burberry.

Line will probably double or triple in length now.

Didnt realise she was David Spades sister in law 

My heart goes out to her daughter. At 13, she's in that horrible age where she'll be aware enough about the subject matter but maybe not well equipped enough to deal with it.

I've said this before but I'll repeat myself. Mental illness is a struggle and you don't have to do it alone. The help is out there if you need it. I've been that stubborn guy before that thought he could go it alone and it nearly cost me my life. If anyone wants to talk, you can always PM me. No judgement, completely confidental. I don't profess to have all the answers but talking helps.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I once paid $40 for a cell phone case for my wife because it was a Kate Spade designed case. 

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/06/05/kate-spade-found-dead-in-apparent-suicide/

Lucky you. My wife has at least 10 of her bags. We also have Kate spade China that’s never been used in almost 10 years ??‍♂️

2 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Lucky you. My wife has at least 10 of her bags. We also have Kate spade China that’s never been used in almost 10 years ??‍♂️

We have her China too. Never completed it though 12 years later. ?Got 6 sets, wanted 8. Looks nice in the glass cabinet in the dining room. ?

Edited by YoloinOhio

All I have seen so far is that she was having relationship and financial problems.  I haven't seen depression mentioned anywhere.  As someone who has dealt with severe depression in relationships with very important people in my life (not myself thankfully), I certainly understand that pain and the constant thought battles of "my daughter would be better off without me, everyone would be better off without me" every single day. 

But, if she didn't have this and did it just because she was about to get divorced or could no longer maintain a certain lifestyle financially, well, then she is nothing more than a selfish coward.

Edit - saw that her sister thinks she may have had undiagnosed bipolar.  That could certainly offer a better explanation, that is one hell of a disease when diagnosed and treated, can't imagine what it would be like untreated.

Edited by Mark80