Trump, Eagles, TSW TDS goes all in !

57 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Well, I was alive in 2011, so I remember.

The correct answer was "regardless of the point Sam Bee was trying to make, her language was classless, gross, and unacceptable"

But after protesting that you aren't a liberal defending Sam B, you defended Sam B.  Inject it into my veins!

I wasn't defending Sam B, just explaining the difference in her comment, and what Roseanne said.  One was making a political point, the other just making an ignorant joke. The offense in B's comment came from the word she used, not the point she was making. 

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

I wasn't defending Sam B, just explaining the difference in her comment, and what Roseanne said.  One was making a political point, the other just making an ignorant joke. The offense in B's comment came from the word she used, not the point she was making. 

The distinction is irrelevant.  Both comments should not have been made as they were stated. Period.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Some Bruins and Patriots chose not to go to the White House.

But that's different, because it was racist!  You must present yourself to Black Caesar when summoned.  Tangerine Caesar, not so much.

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

The distinction is irrelevant.  Both comments should not have been made as they were stated. Period.

So funny how things like this are cut and dry, yet conservatives (trumpers) will defend a president who says ****ty things on a daily basis, saying "don't pay attention to what he says, pay attention to what he is doing".  Apparently, you can have it both ways.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But that's different, because it was racist!  You must present yourself to Black Caesar when summoned.  Tangerine Caesar, not so much.

i farted i laughed so hard there....

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That was last year, when Trump was in office. But people have been skipping since the Clinton era, this happens all the time.

It's just 45 who had a temper tantrum over it.

10 minutes ago, Buftex said:

So funny how things like this are cut and dry, yet conservatives (trumpers) will defend a president who says ****ty things on a daily basis, saying "don't pay attention to what he says, pay attention to what he is doing".  Apparently, you can have it both ways.

Conservatives don't worship the President.  We have barely tolerated any of them.  Reagan is the only one since 1900 with admiration by most Conservatives.

Trump doesn't have the kind of support that Liberals seem to transfer from their worship of Hillary and Obama.

We can keep telling you this another 1,000 times I guess...  you should listen when people talk to you.... start today...

9 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

That was last year, when Trump was in office. But people have been skipping since the Clinton era, this happens all the time.

it worked, another pointless fake news item to throw a tantrum and yell about.

red herring #146

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Breaking News: Trump is a petulant six year old.  But during the Obama administration, athletes such as Tim Thomas were pilloried as racist for refusing to visit the White House.  Just not by Obama himself.

I do hope, though, that Trump kills this silly practice once and for all.  Even a childish fit of pique can accidentally result in something reasonable.

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Breaking News: Trump is a petulant six year old.  But during the Obama administration, athletes such as Tim Thomas were pilloried as racist for refusing to visit the White House.  Just not by Obama himself.

I do hope, though, that Trump kills this silly practice once and for all.  Even a childish fit of pique can accidentally result in something reasonable.

EVERYONE knows this, but libs keep throwing it out there, like we are supposed to change our minds about policy because of it

AMEN.

31 minutes ago, Buftex said:

You can't have it both ways dopey. That's my whole !@#$ing point.

31 minutes ago, B-Man said:

EVERYONE knows this, but libs keep throwing it out there, like we are supposed to change our minds about policy because of it

AMEN.

I'm a lib and I'm all for it. I honestly don't give a hot ****. I honestly don't care if they play the anthem or not. 

I am just amazed at the massive clutching of pearls over the whole thing.

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'm a lib and I'm all for it. I honestly don't give a hot ****. I honestly don't care if they play the anthem or not. 

Because no one arguing about this really cares about the issue. It's a political wedge issue, designed to take shots at Trump (if you're of that persuasion) or shots against Trump's opponents (if you're that persuasion). 

It's a talking point designed to distract and divide. Nothing more. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Because no one arguing about this really cares about the issue. It's a political wedge issue, designed to take shots at Trump (if you're of that persuasion) or shots against Trump's opponents (if you're that persuasion). 

It's a talking point designed to distract and divide. Nothing more. 

IDK, I personally think that a sitting politician using the weight of his office to pressure private industry to alter their policies is troubling. Especially when he seems to have vindictive, petty personal reasons for doing so. 

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

IDK, I personally think that a sitting politician using the weight of his office to pressure private industry to alter their policies is troubling. Especially when he seems to have vindictive, petty personal reasons for doing so. 

The NFL didn't change their policies because of Trump. They changed their policy because they're bleeding viewers and were trying to protect their bottom line. 

This is a wedge issue - you know how you can tell? No one is even TALKING about the original reason for the protests anymore. Only Trump's reaction to it. It's intent is to divide and distract, nothing more.

12 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

To be clear: I was talking about ending the practice of gladiators presenting themselves to the emperor.  

He's the president.  He's a fellow citizen, "first among equals."  You DON'T have to present yourself when called.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's reasonable to kill the practice? That's stupid. 

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The NFL didn't change their policies because of Trump. They changed their policy because they're bleeding viewers and were trying to protect their bottom line. 

This is a wedge issue - you know how you can tell? No one is even TALKING about the original reason for the protests anymore. Only Trump's reaction to it. It's intent is to divide and distract, nothing more.

Ya, since Trump made it about patriotism rather than police shooting unarmed black citizens. Wonder why he changed the subject?? 

• Like (+1) 1

Proving my point... This is a sideshow issue for those interested in either distracting you from real issues or dividing you. Nothing more. 

Everyone has the right to protest in this country. Every private company has the right to deal with said protests in a manner they deem best. Every citizen, even POTUS, has a right to voice an opinion on all of the above. 

Those pushing this story now are doing so at the disservice to the original cause. 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Conservatives don't worship the President.  We have barely tolerated any of them.  Reagan is the only one since 1900 with admiration by most Conservatives.

Trump doesn't have the kind of support that Liberals seem to transfer from their worship of Hillary and Obama.

We can keep telling you this another 1,000 times I guess...  you should listen when people talk to you.... start today...

But your completely full of **** on this topic.  So why would I listen to you?  If you just came out and said, "we are all hypocrites" your arguments would have more credibility. 

See the source image

• Haha (+1) 1