Trump, Eagles, TSW TDS goes all in !

5 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Hey, you're finally coming around on Obama. Congratulations.

Oh, you were talking about Trump? 

Newsflash: Most of us don't care about Trump. He's crazy, undisciplined and can barely control his mouth and his ego. But man, oh, man, if you told me that getting Trump elected would have you leftists melting down in such epic fashion, I'd have damn near donated to his campaign. Calling his kids morons and feckless c*nts. Suggesting the reason his wife isnt around is because Trump was probably beating her.

It's like you're all too stupid to realize you're handing him 2020 with a ribbon on it.

Your the perfect example of everything I am talking about. A smart person who has completely excepted trolling as a political way of life. 

Samantha Bee calling Ivanka Trump a feckless c*nt..somebody called the Trump boys morons.  Do you really want to contend that no more outrageous things have been said about liberals from the people who apparently represent you?  Ted Nugent?  Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, any handful of Republicans who have been busted for sending around emails suggesting that Michelle Obama is a gorilla. Hillary Clinton runs a pedophile ring out of a pizzeria...   Your hypocrisy strips your arguments of any dignity.  And your so gleeful to sell yourself out.  It is really disheartening. 

Maybe you are right...Trump runs away with the 2020 election because liberals are a bunch of emotional pansies...is that anything hang your hat on?  No need to answer, the evidence is everywhere on the PPP board.  You can't raise the bar, so lower it...

41 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

You think professional football is a child’s game? You would get sent to the hospital after one scrimmage against the practice squad. 

yes, it's a game that children play

i'm not interested in anything they have to say unless it's about their sport, and they almost all the time have little of use to say about their vocation

i fast forward through the trash at the beginning of games, right to the kickoff or first pitch or faceoff, and then fastforward from the end of play to the start of it again.

i would be put into a poor physical state against decent squash players...

6 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Your the perfect example of everything I am talking about. A smart person who has completely excepted trolling as a political way of life. 

Samantha Bee calling Ivanka Trump a feckless c*nt..somebody called the Trump boys morons.  Do you really want to contend that no more outrageous things have been said about liberals from the people who apparently represent you?  Ted Nugent?  Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, any handful of Republicans who have been busted for sending around emails suggesting that Michelle Obama is a gorilla. Hillary Clinton runs a pedophile ring out of a pizzeria...   Your hypocrisy strips your arguments of any dignity.  And your so gleeful to sell yourself out.  It is really disheartening. 

Maybe you are right...Trump runs away with the 2020 election because liberals are a bunch of emotional pansies...is that anything hang your hat on?  No need to answer, the evidence is everywhere on the PPP board.  You can't raise the bar, so lower it...

Don't confuse 'accepting trolling as a political way of life' with 'thank God Hillary isn't president, and oh, hey, look at the liberals pissing their pants every day.'

Everything else you wrote is based on the false premise that people like Nugent, Rush and Jones represent me. The only person who represents me is me. As a far left progressive, you simply are unable to grasp the concept of independent thought. It's okay. You're surrounded by many just like you.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Don't confuse 'accepting trolling as a political way of life' with 'thank God Hillary isn't president, and oh, hey, look at the liberals pissing their pants every day.'

Everything else you wrote is based on the false premise that people like Nugent, Rush and Jones represent me. The only person who represents me is me. As a far left progressive, you simply are unable to grasp the concept of independent thought. It's okay. You're surrounded by many just like you.

Exactly.

And the default of a perverted and filthy mind and mouth is the liberal knee-jerk reaction when they don't get their way.

Very very disappointing.

liberals pride themself on their intelligence and education, could they start showing they have read an intelligent book in their life?

22 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Rebound? Are you serious? No one with even a basic understanding of economics believes that. He walked in on the heels of a recession with nowhere to go but up and then presided over the most anemic recovery in history. And you want to pat him on the back for it?

"The heels of a recession"? The economy was in free-fall. Anyone with a good understanding of economics understands that the conditions underlying this crisis were more severe than those underlying the Great Depression (the 1930s, btw, was the most anemic recovery in history)--the ratio of private sector debt to GDP was a little over 200% in 1930, and it hit 300% in 2008. I believe it was a study by Rogoff and Reinhart that showed recessions are deeper and the recoveries slower the higher the level of private debt leading into the recession. Given the severity, it required unprecedented action to stop the bleeding using both fiscal and monetary policies. It wouldn't matter who was in office starting in 2009, it was going to be a bad 4 years. Now his second term, that's a different story...

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i would do away with the National Anthem

many Canadians act like disrespectful pigs and talk loudly during the US Anthem when both are played

Afterward too...

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

And not a single trumptard can admit that Obama is responsible for all of it. The republicans f'd up the economy 10 years ago. It took Obama 8 years to fix it. Now Captain Stupid is the benefactor of Obamas hard work. Now go back to fornicating with your sister, your mother, and your livestock trumptards. Yee haw. Another inbred is on the way. One more vote for the trump family. Probably that moron Barron. If that kid isnt a product of serious inbreeding I dont know who is. 

Right to protest is scared? English mutherplucker, do you speak it?

Your argument is compelling, and you're winning hearts and minds for the betterment of America.  Dismissively telling people who disagree with you politically that they are bad people, stupid and inbred always convinces people you have the right of things, and will absolutely be the silver bullet that turns middle America blue. 

Keep going.  You're winning.

• Haha (+1) 1

Missed opportunity by Trump and the Eagle's players.  Trump should have offered to have a sit down with them and discuss their mutual views on the whatever is bothering the players.  If then few if any showed up Trump could report on the visit, the discussion and the failure of so many to be present.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Missed opportunity by Trump and the Eagle's players.  Trump should have offered to have a sit down with them and discuss their mutual views on the whatever is bothering the players.  If then few if any showed up Trump could report on the visit, the discussion and the failure of so many to be present.

yes.

but it's only a football game, it's purely a leisure pursuit spending of time.

nothing of consequence comes from it, you watch it and sometimes you don't feel totally ripped off, then you go back to real life

Just now, keepthefaith said:

It's a culture war, and Trump is winning.  You don't reach out to the other side on their terms.  He has zero need to do so.  Let them continue to pitch their fit as the country continues to galvanize against them.

Just now, row_33 said:

yes.

but it's only a football game, it's purely a leisure pursuit spending of time.

nothing of consequence comes from it, you watch it and sometimes you don't feel totally ripped off, then you go back to real life

From public statements by black athletes it's apparent that many really believe that Trump himself is a racist.  It's a bad public perception and one that he should work to correct.  This was a chance to work on that. 

9 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

From public statements by black athletes it's apparent that many really believe that Trump himself is a racist.  It's a bad public perception and one that he should work to correct.  This was a chance to work on that. 

do you believe that a dialogue will help people change their minds and start voting to Trump?

yes, it could have been handled better, but 80% couldn't have cared less about another football thing

Just now, keepthefaith said:

The picture it's painting is that most of the Philadelphia Eagles are themselves racist, and are rejecting the President simply because he is a white person undoing the work of a black person.  They can't see past race.  The same goes for Lebron.

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It's a culture war, and Trump is winning.  You don't reach out to the other side on their terms.  He has zero need to do so.  Let them continue to pitch their fit as the country continues to galvanize against them.

Agree there's a culture war, but Trump could gain even more ground IMO if he better addressed some of his negative perceptions.  He can bring people to his side on some issues without alienating his base. 

Edited by keepthefaith

9 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The picture it's painting is that most of the Philadelphia Eagles are themselves racist, and are rejecting the President simply because he is a white person undoing the work of a black person.  They can't see past race.  The same goes for Lebron.

athletes have their own world and concerns to deal with, it has almost nothing to do with fans

i would assume their main concern is making as much $$$$ out of their sport before they are forced to leave due to injury or obsolescence

8 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Agree there's a culture war, but Trump could gain even more ground IMO if he better addressed some of his negative perceptions.  He can bring people to his side on some issues without alienated his base. 

okay, keep believing that people want to listen and learn something.... good luck with that in your life....

not to say it's okay for you and me to be like that....

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

Agree there's a culture war, but Trump could gain even more ground IMO if he better addressed some of his negative perceptions.  He can bring people to his side on some issues without alienated his base. 

When someone makes baseless charges of racism against you, you don't indulge them.  By indulging them intellectually you lend intellectual credence to their position by bringing it into the realm of legitimate discussion.

What you do is exactly what the President has done.  You tell them, and the whole world that they are shameful !@#$s who shouldn't be dignified. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I am skipping the circlejerk in the beginning, but I think it bears recording the chain of events that led to this "disinvitation"

Throughout the 2017 season, the Eagles were one of 7 teams to have no one kneel during the anthem. I know the alt-right posters here like conservative websites, so let's throw them a bone on the evidence: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/1/no-philadelphia-eagles-players-knelt-anthem-2017/

However, they had a number of players be very vocal to the cause on their own time. In fact, one player (Chris Long) donated a year's salary to charity.

During the season, Trump goes on a rant about how bad the NFL is. He talks about how he should be able to fire players for not behaving exactly as he likes. He calls them "sons of bitches".

So when the Eagles win the Superbowl, a number of players state that, if invited, they would not attend. It's not a mandatory event, and players have elected not to go since the Clinton administration. It is, after all, supposed to be congratulating them.

The NFL rolls out an anthem policy that satisfies nobody, and it's revealed they were pressured by Trump to do something.

After months of hemming and hawing, the invitation for the trip arrives...during OTAs. A number of players reiterate they have no interest in going to an optional event.

It turns out, a single digit number of players were interested in going. So the Eagles decided to offer the chance for our sitting President to save some face by rescheduling.

At this, the infant-in-chief blows up, and decided to cancel the event, saying they are "unable to come with their full team"...something that the Patriots didn't do last year.

He claims that they are not attending because  they disagree over his view the anthem policy...the policy for which they actually were doing what he wanted.

He claims that they are letting down "1000 fans" and is going to make it up with his own ceremony honoring the military.

Now, as an aside, I was there for the parade in Philadelphia. For an event that Eagles fans care about, a lowball number of 700,000 people was counted. So, the idea that a thousand of them attending something they want to go to...seems low. Like, not filling the tailgating section before the game low.

And then, as local Philadelphia reporters attend, it turns out that there are few, if any, Eagles fans in attendance. From the pictures I saw, it looks like they gave staffers a lunch break and sent them out for a photo op.

This entire thing is a big pouty exercise by a man child who can't stomach the thought of not being loved. It's like an 8 year old deciding to cancel his birthday party because most of the class decided not to attend. What a joke.

You mean the part where the stock market rebounded and then hit record heights after the 2008 crash?

Or the part where the Big 3 automotive manufactures were saved and rebounded?

Oh wait, you didn't personally see an improvement? It's almost as if giving billionaires more money does nothing to help the vast majority of people.

The White House visit has long been considered an honor for championship teams.  Athletes who choose not to attend for political reasons have historically gotten crushed in the media for doing so.  

The Eagles attempted to embarrass a sitting President with whom a majority of them disagree with.  And now they are a target of his ire and fanbase.  

10 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

When someone makes baseless charges of racism against you, you don't indulge them.  By indulging them intellectually you lend intellectual credence to their position by bringing it into the realm of legitimate discussion.

What you do is exactly what the President has done.  You tell them, and the whole world that they are shameful !@#$s who shouldn't be dignified. 

Trump is a businessman, he doesn't care about blathering and protest

do your job and if you can't do it then leave, i assume there are thousands of young men who want to play in the NFL and keep their focus and playing well, they'd gladly take the place of a malcontent in a microsecond

21 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

No reason to.  Trump is Trump.  If you think the guy is going to show anything that could be perceived as weakness in this stage of the game, you aren't paying attention. 

43 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I don't believe any of those people "represent" me.  The difference is that the Samantha Bee-like crap gets defended by liberal leaders and liberals themselves. 

"She deserved it!"  "It's not as bad as Roseanne!"

Do you think I have spent one second of my life defending or excusing what Roseanne said?  

Of course not.  Because it was disgusting to anyone with a brain.  The same way I don't defend every Limbaugh soundbyte.  I'm not a foot soldier for the Looney Tunes.  Defending Sam Bee while condemning Trump's comments makes you a hypocrite loser who deserves to be called out.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Like (+1) 2